    having trouble with viewing any streaming video.

    Can anybody give me any advice on how to rectify this problem?

    Thanks

    senoj, Jul 15, 2004

  2. senoj

    Mueen Nawaz Guest

    senoj wrote:
    > I have just downloaded and installed the latest edition of Mozilla But I am
    > having trouble with viewing any streaming video.

    What happens when you try to view streaming video? An error? Download
    dialog box?

    --
    "Biplane" ...last words a pilot says before bailing out

    /\ /\ /\ /
    / \/ \ u e e n / \/ a w a z

    anl

    Mueen Nawaz, Jul 15, 2004

  3. senoj

    Moz Champion Guest

    Mueen Nawaz wrote:

    > senoj wrote:
    >
    >> I have just downloaded and installed the latest edition of Mozilla But
    >> I am
    >> having trouble with viewing any streaming video.

    > What happens when you try to view streaming video? An error?
    > Download dialog box?

    If you provide urls where you are experiencing this problem, we woould
    be in a better position to assist.

    do you have the plugs ins? Did you move the plugs to the new version?

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Jul 16, 2004
  4. senoj

    Nobody Guest

    On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 00:14:51 GMT, Moz Champion
    <> wrote:

    >Mueen Nawaz wrote:
    >
    >> senoj wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have just downloaded and installed the latest edition of Mozilla But
    >>> I am
    >>> having trouble with viewing any streaming video.

    >> What happens when you try to view streaming video? An error?
    >> Download dialog box?
    >>

    >If you provide urls where you are experiencing this problem, we woould
    >be in a better position to assist.
    >
    >do you have the plugs ins? Did you move the plugs to the new version?

    I've seen similar comments before on this, and have personal
    experience with a streaming broadband site in New Zealand. The
    webmaster has said (effectively) that they're not interested in
    encoding/supporting for any browser except IE. Video items require
    Win Media 9.

    <http://xtra.co.nz/broadband/0,,10550,00.html>

    Click on "National Video" for a selection of available news items from
    Television NZ's channel "TVOne".

    Running Moz 1.5/WinXP Home Edition.

    Nobody, Jul 17, 2004
  5. senoj

    Moz Champion Guest

    Nobody wrote:

    > On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 00:14:51 GMT, Moz Champion
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Mueen Nawaz wrote:

    >>> What happens when you try to view streaming video? An error?
    >>>Download dialog box?
    >>>

    >>If you provide urls where you are experiencing this problem, we woould
    >>be in a better position to assist.
    >>
    >>do you have the plugs ins? Did you move the plugs to the new version?

    > I've seen similar comments before on this, and have personal
    > experience with a streaming broadband site in New Zealand. The
    > webmaster has said (effectively) that they're not interested in
    > encoding/supporting for any browser except IE. Video items require
    > Win Media 9.
    >
    > <http://xtra.co.nz/broadband/0,,10550,00.html>
    >
    > Click on "National Video" for a selection of available news items from
    > Television NZ's channel "TVOne".
    >
    > Running Moz 1.5/WinXP Home Edition.

    Then why use such a website?

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Jul 19, 2004
  6. senoj

    Nobody Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:20:03 GMT, Moz Champion
    <> wrote:

    >Nobody wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 00:14:51 GMT, Moz Champion
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>If you provide urls where you are experiencing this problem, we woould
    >>>be in a better position to assist.
    >>>
    >>>do you have the plugs ins? Did you move the plugs to the new version?

    >> I've seen similar comments before on this, and have personal
    >> experience with a streaming broadband site in New Zealand. The
    >> webmaster has said (effectively) that they're not interested in
    >> encoding/supporting for any browser except IE. Video items require
    >> Win Media 9.
    >>
    >> <http://xtra.co.nz/broadband/0,,10550,00.html>
    >>
    >> Click on "National Video" for a selection of available news items from
    >> Television NZ's channel "TVOne".
    >>
    >> Running Moz 1.5/WinXP Home Edition.
    >>

    >Then why use such a website?

    A rather curt comment! But it's the best streaming vid site for news
    from that part of Down Under.

    Nobody, Jul 20, 2004
  7. senoj

    Moz Champion Guest

    Nobody wrote:

    > On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:20:03 GMT, Moz Champion
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Nobody wrote:

    >>>I've seen similar comments before on this, and have personal
    >>>experience with a streaming broadband site in New Zealand. The
    >>>webmaster has said (effectively) that they're not interested in
    >>>encoding/supporting for any browser except IE. Video items require
    >>>Win Media 9.
    >>>
    >>><http://xtra.co.nz/broadband/0,,10550,00.html>
    >>>
    >>>Click on "National Video" for a selection of available news items from
    >>>Television NZ's channel "TVOne".
    >>>
    >>>Running Moz 1.5/WinXP Home Edition.
    >>>

    >>Then why use such a website?

    > A rather curt comment! But it's the best streaming vid site for news
    > from that part of Down Under.

    Well, if the webmaster states they are only interested in supporting IE,
    I certainly wouldnt use it. How could it be 'best' if it only supported IE?

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Jul 20, 2004
  8. senoj

    Nobody Guest

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 03:32:45 GMT, Moz Champion
    <> wrote:

    >Nobody wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:20:03 GMT, Moz Champion
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>Then why use such a website?

    >> A rather curt comment! But it's the best streaming vid site for news
    >> from that part of Down Under.
    >>

    >Well, if the webmaster states they are only interested in supporting IE,
    >I certainly wouldnt use it. How could it be 'best' if it only supported IE?

    Well, y'know, W-A-Y back in this thread, it was you, Moz Champ, who
    answered the initial query by asking for examples of streaming video
    sites that didn't work with Mozilla..

    I politely pointed out that this problem had been raised some time
    ago, and that I could provide a link myself from personal experience.

    No one product in any field generally has a monopoly on excellence,
    and although I'd prefer to use my version of Moz 100% of the time,
    there are occasions when I have to deviate.

    To "rubbish" the content of a legitimate site, presumably without
    following through on your own request for information, is uncalled
    for.

    That content for streaming broadband video is superior to TVNZ's own
    site which tends to be cumbersome to use.

    Nobody, Jul 20, 2004
  9. senoj

    Mueen Nawaz Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:
    > Well, if the webmaster states they are only interested in supporting IE,
    > I certainly wouldnt use it. How could it be 'best' if it only supported IE?

    Perhaps because the competition's news streaming media is worse (even
    if it runs on FF)?

    I would suggest the person interested send an email to the Webmaster
    with a polite complaint.

    --
    Sign found in a gym: Dieting is the punishment you get for exceeding the
    feed limit.

    /\ /\ /\ /
    / \/ \ u e e n / \/ a w a z

    anl

    Mueen Nawaz, Jul 21, 2004
  10. senoj

    Moz Champion Guest

    Nobody wrote:

    > On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 03:32:45 GMT, Moz Champion
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Nobody wrote:

    >>>A rather curt comment! But it's the best streaming vid site for news
    >>>from that part of Down Under.
    >>>

    >>Well, if the webmaster states they are only interested in supporting IE,
    >>I certainly wouldnt use it. How could it be 'best' if it only supported IE?

    > Well, y'know, W-A-Y back in this thread, it was you, Moz Champ, who
    > answered the initial query by asking for examples of streaming video
    > sites that didn't work with Mozilla..
    >
    > I politely pointed out that this problem had been raised some time
    > ago, and that I could provide a link myself from personal experience.
    >
    > No one product in any field generally has a monopoly on excellence,
    > and although I'd prefer to use my version of Moz 100% of the time,
    > there are occasions when I have to deviate.
    >
    > To "rubbish" the content of a legitimate site, presumably without
    > following through on your own request for information, is uncalled
    > for.
    >
    > That content for streaming broadband video is superior to TVNZ's own
    > site which tends to be cumbersome to use.

    Who 'rubbished' any site?

    I stated a salient fact, that I wouldnt use a site that the webmaster is
    only interested in supporting IE

    and I asked how could it be rated 'best' if all it supportted was IE?

    If you take that as 'rubbishing' the site, then you are gravely
    mistaken. I never said the side was poor, or even bad, or mediocre or
    anything of the like, all I asked was how could it be rated 'best' if
    all it supportted was IE.

    It certainly wouldnt be rated 'best' by those who use Mozilla, would it,
    since it wont work with a standards compliant browser. How could
    someone who couldnt view the site even rate it?

    Read my comments again, I never gave an opinion about the quality of the
    site. I simply ASKED how it could be rated best, if all it supports is
    IE. Thats a legitimate question.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Jul 21, 2004
  11. senoj

    Moz Champion Guest

    Mueen Nawaz wrote:

    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> Well, if the webmaster states they are only interested in supporting
    >> IE, I certainly wouldnt use it. How could it be 'best' if it only
    >> supported IE?

    > Perhaps because the competition's news streaming media is worse
    > (even if it runs on FF)?
    >
    > I would suggest the person interested send an email to the Webmaster
    > with a polite complaint.

    As I said, I personally wouldnt use the site.

    And how can it be better than the other site, when a user of Mozilla
    cant see it in the first place?

    A Mozilla user, being unable to even use the site, couldnt rate it as
    'best' or even 'better' than one he CAN use and see. Thats impossible.

    Thats like me claiming the 'best' xxx program is one that only runs on
    Macs. Would make no sense at all to Windows or Linux users would it?

    For example: Since I almost never use IE (except when investigating a
    problem), I certainly couldnt rate the site as 'best' because I cant use
    it. To me, its the same as if it didnt exist.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Jul 21, 2004
  12. senoj

    Nobody Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:24:43 GMT, Moz Champion
    <> wrote:

    >Nobody wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 03:32:45 GMT, Moz Champion
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>Well, if the webmaster states they are only interested in supporting IE,
    >>>I certainly wouldnt use it. How could it be 'best' if it only supported IE?

    >> Well, y'know, W-A-Y back in this thread, it was you, Moz Champ, who
    >> answered the initial query by asking for examples of streaming video
    >> sites that didn't work with Mozilla..
    >>
    >> I politely pointed out that this problem had been raised some time
    >> ago, and that I could provide a link myself from personal experience.
    >>
    >> No one product in any field generally has a monopoly on excellence,
    >> and although I'd prefer to use my version of Moz 100% of the time,
    >> there are occasions when I have to deviate.
    >>
    >> To "rubbish" the content of a legitimate site, presumably without
    >> following through on your own request for information, is uncalled
    >> for.
    >>
    >> That content for streaming broadband video is superior to TVNZ's own
    >> site which tends to be cumbersome to use.

    >Who 'rubbished' any site?
    >
    >I stated a salient fact, that I wouldnt use a site that the webmaster is
    >only interested in supporting IE
    >
    >and I asked how could it be rated 'best' if all it supportted was IE?
    >
    >If you take that as 'rubbishing' the site, then you are gravely
    >mistaken. I never said the side was poor, or even bad, or mediocre or
    >anything of the like, all I asked was how could it be rated 'best' if
    >all it supportted was IE.
    >
    >It certainly wouldnt be rated 'best' by those who use Mozilla, would it,
    > since it wont work with a standards compliant browser. How could
    >someone who couldnt view the site even rate it?
    >
    >Read my comments again, I never gave an opinion about the quality of the
    >site. I simply ASKED how it could be rated best, if all it supports is
    >IE. Thats a legitimate question.

    If you look at the wording of my comment earlier... "it's the best
    streaming vid site for news from that part of Down Under"... and then
    turn around yourself and comment, "Then why use such a website?" is
    unfair comment on content.

    I choose to use, Gawd forbid, IE to access that excellent source of
    information.

    Should you choose not to pursue an answer or example to your own
    request, so be it.

    I wonder if <senoj> (the original poster) is still reading...

    Nobody, Jul 22, 2004
  13. senoj

    Moz Champion Guest

    Nobody wrote:

    > On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:24:43 GMT, Moz Champion
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Nobody wrote:

    >>>Well, y'know, W-A-Y back in this thread, it was you, Moz Champ, who
    >>>answered the initial query by asking for examples of streaming video
    >>>sites that didn't work with Mozilla..
    >>>
    >>>I politely pointed out that this problem had been raised some time
    >>>ago, and that I could provide a link myself from personal experience.
    >>>
    >>>No one product in any field generally has a monopoly on excellence,
    >>>and although I'd prefer to use my version of Moz 100% of the time,
    >>>there are occasions when I have to deviate.
    >>>
    >>>To "rubbish" the content of a legitimate site, presumably without
    >>>following through on your own request for information, is uncalled
    >>>for.
    >>>
    >>>That content for streaming broadband video is superior to TVNZ's own
    >>>site which tends to be cumbersome to use.

    >>Who 'rubbished' any site?
    >>
    >>I stated a salient fact, that I wouldnt use a site that the webmaster is
    >>only interested in supporting IE
    >>
    >>and I asked how could it be rated 'best' if all it supportted was IE?
    >>
    >>If you take that as 'rubbishing' the site, then you are gravely
    >>mistaken. I never said the side was poor, or even bad, or mediocre or
    >>anything of the like, all I asked was how could it be rated 'best' if
    >>all it supportted was IE.
    >>
    >>It certainly wouldnt be rated 'best' by those who use Mozilla, would it,
    >> since it wont work with a standards compliant browser. How could
    >>someone who couldnt view the site even rate it?
    >>
    >>Read my comments again, I never gave an opinion about the quality of the
    >>site. I simply ASKED how it could be rated best, if all it supports is
    >>IE. Thats a legitimate question.

    > If you look at the wording of my comment earlier... "it's the best
    > streaming vid site for news from that part of Down Under"... and then
    > turn around yourself and comment, "Then why use such a website?" is
    > unfair comment on content.
    >
    > I choose to use, Gawd forbid, IE to access that excellent source of
    > information.
    >
    > Should you choose not to pursue an answer or example to your own
    > request, so be it.
    >
    > I wonder if <senoj> (the original poster) is still reading...

    You said that it was the best yes, but then if it only supports IE,
    obviously you didnt view it with Mozilla. So again, how can it be the
    best, if you cant see it in the first place?

    For example, if I claimed a mac only program was the 'best' for
    whatever, of what value is that to anyone not on a Mac? Its useless,
    totally irrevelent rating to anyone using Windows or Linux, isnt it?

    A user using Mozilla, and only Mozilla, wouldnt call the site 'best'
    because simply he cant use it. To that user, a rating of 'best' is
    totally irrevelent and useless. A Mozilla user would give the site a
    rating of <nil> or <unreachable> because it doesnt work in the browser
    of his choice.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Jul 22, 2004
  14. senoj

    Nobody Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 04:55:17 GMT, Moz Champion
    <> wrote:

    >Nobody wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:24:43 GMT, Moz Champion
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>Who 'rubbished' any site?
    >>>
    >>>I stated a salient fact, that I wouldnt use a site that the webmaster is
    >>>only interested in supporting IE
    >>>
    >>>and I asked how could it be rated 'best' if all it supportted was IE?
    >>>
    >>>If you take that as 'rubbishing' the site, then you are gravely
    >>>mistaken. I never said the side was poor, or even bad, or mediocre or
    >>>anything of the like, all I asked was how could it be rated 'best' if
    >>>all it supportted was IE.
    >>>
    >>>It certainly wouldnt be rated 'best' by those who use Mozilla, would it,
    >>> since it wont work with a standards compliant browser. How could
    >>>someone who couldnt view the site even rate it?
    >>>
    >>>Read my comments again, I never gave an opinion about the quality of the
    >>>site. I simply ASKED how it could be rated best, if all it supports is
    >>>IE. Thats a legitimate question.

    >> If you look at the wording of my comment earlier... "it's the best
    >> streaming vid site for news from that part of Down Under"... and then
    >> turn around yourself and comment, "Then why use such a website?" is
    >> unfair comment on content.
    >>
    >> I choose to use, Gawd forbid, IE to access that excellent source of
    >> information.
    >>
    >> Should you choose not to pursue an answer or example to your own
    >> request, so be it.
    >>
    >> I wonder if <senoj> (the original poster) is still reading...
    >>

    >You said that it was the best yes, but then if it only supports IE,
    >obviously you didnt view it with Mozilla. So again, how can it be the
    >best, if you cant see it in the first place?
    >
    >For example, if I claimed a mac only program was the 'best' for
    >whatever, of what value is that to anyone not on a Mac? Its useless,
    >totally irrevelent rating to anyone using Windows or Linux, isnt it?
    >
    >A user using Mozilla, and only Mozilla, wouldnt call the site 'best'
    >because simply he cant use it. To that user, a rating of 'best' is
    >totally irrevelent and useless. A Mozilla user would give the site a
    >rating of <nil> or <unreachable> because it doesnt work in the browser
    >of his choice.

    So if I use Moz only, all I get is what Moz can deliver, not the best?
    That's like a religious fanatic saying his view of the world is the
    only view, I guess.

    (With that argument/analogy, the One, Holy, Roman, Catholic, Apostolic
    Church in La Belle Province until the '50's comes to mind... and I say
    that before someone snipes at me for criticizing the American Right or
    Islam... gotta keep your ass/arse covered in this.)

    If others have a more open mind, and are able to experience a wider
    view, albeit if one has to use a different vehicle, we're
    transgressing by using anything 'cept Moz?

    Gimme a break... I want content... fastest... easiest... and that
    content can be best.

    My point which you seem to conveniently ignore is that some people
    aren't wedded to one browser, ALTHOUGH we/all/most would like to use
    Moz exclusively... and the discussion opened with a user pointing that
    out by querying why da streaming on some site don't work.

    <senoj>, if you're still following this thread, you have my sympathy.

    Nobody, Jul 24, 2004
  15. senoj

    Moz Champion Guest

    Nobody wrote:

    > On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 04:55:17 GMT, Moz Champion
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Nobody wrote:

    >>>If you look at the wording of my comment earlier... "it's the best
    >>>streaming vid site for news from that part of Down Under"... and then
    >>>turn around yourself and comment, "Then why use such a website?" is
    >>>unfair comment on content.
    >>>
    >>>I choose to use, Gawd forbid, IE to access that excellent source of
    >>>information.
    >>>
    >>>Should you choose not to pursue an answer or example to your own
    >>>request, so be it.
    >>>
    >>>I wonder if <senoj> (the original poster) is still reading...
    >>>

    >>You said that it was the best yes, but then if it only supports IE,
    >>obviously you didnt view it with Mozilla. So again, how can it be the
    >>best, if you cant see it in the first place?
    >>
    >>For example, if I claimed a mac only program was the 'best' for
    >>whatever, of what value is that to anyone not on a Mac? Its useless,
    >>totally irrevelent rating to anyone using Windows or Linux, isnt it?
    >>
    >>A user using Mozilla, and only Mozilla, wouldnt call the site 'best'
    >>because simply he cant use it. To that user, a rating of 'best' is
    >>totally irrevelent and useless. A Mozilla user would give the site a
    >>rating of <nil> or <unreachable> because it doesnt work in the browser
    >>of his choice.

    > So if I use Moz only, all I get is what Moz can deliver, not the best?
    > That's like a religious fanatic saying his view of the world is the
    > only view, I guess.
    >
    > (With that argument/analogy, the One, Holy, Roman, Catholic, Apostolic
    > Church in La Belle Province until the '50's comes to mind... and I say
    > that before someone snipes at me for criticizing the American Right or
    > Islam... gotta keep your ass/arse covered in this.)
    >
    > If others have a more open mind, and are able to experience a wider
    > view, albeit if one has to use a different vehicle, we're
    > transgressing by using anything 'cept Moz?
    >
    > Gimme a break... I want content... fastest... easiest... and that
    > content can be best.
    >
    > My point which you seem to conveniently ignore is that some people
    > aren't wedded to one browser, ALTHOUGH we/all/most would like to use
    > Moz exclusively... and the discussion opened with a user pointing that
    > out by querying why da streaming on some site don't work.
    >
    > <senoj>, if you're still following this thread, you have my sympathy.

    No, you misunderstood.

    If you used ONLY Mozilla, then you couldnt view the site, correct?
    So how is it 'better' than the site you can view?

    For example. You have VHS cassettes, I have Betamax.
    If I gave you a tape and said this is the 'best' documentary on a
    specific subject, of what value would it be to you? You couldnt view it
    so you have no idea of how good (or bad) it is.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Jul 24, 2004
  16. Mueen Nawaz wrote:

    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> Well, if the webmaster states they are only interested in supporting
    >> IE, I certainly wouldnt use it. How could it be 'best' if it only
    >> supported IE?

    > Perhaps because the competition's news streaming media is worse
    > (even if it runs on FF)?
    >
    > I would suggest the person interested send an email to the Webmaster
    > with a polite complaint.

    I know I'm very late chiming in on this, but I also note that the video
    plays fine on FF 0.9.2, and on MOz 1.7.1. The person who originally
    cites this page stated he used Moz 1.5 That was before the
    misidentified mime type bug fix was checked int, I believe for 1.6. If
    so, an update to 1.7 should solve his problem.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jul 29, 2004
  17. senoj

    Nobody Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:57:36 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    wrote:

    >Mueen Nawaz wrote:
    >
    >> Moz Champion wrote:
    >>
    >>> Well, if the webmaster states they are only interested in supporting
    >>> IE, I certainly wouldnt use it. How could it be 'best' if it only
    >>> supported IE?

    >> Perhaps because the competition's news streaming media is worse
    >> (even if it runs on FF)?
    >>
    >> I would suggest the person interested send an email to the Webmaster
    >> with a polite complaint.
    >>

    >I know I'm very late chiming in on this, but I also note that the video
    >plays fine on FF 0.9.2, and on MOz 1.7.1. The person who originally
    >cites this page stated he used Moz 1.5 That was before the
    >misidentified mime type bug fix was checked int, I believe for 1.6. If
    >so, an update to 1.7 should solve his problem.
    >
    >Lee

    Well, I know I'm supposed to keep my software up to date but didn't
    think going to 1.7.1 would be that critical.

    Thanks.. it works at that <xtra.co.nz> site but with a quirk, and I
    don't know whether it's my setting in WinMedPlayer9 or what... when I
    launch a clip's URL, WinMedia's video window is "enveloped" although
    it plays completely normally by going "full screen".

    Your help is appreciated.. I hope the person who set of this whole
    thread also sees your comment. His query I think was about Moz 1.6?

    Also hope Moz Champ takes note.

    Nobody, Jul 30, 2004
  18. Nobody wrote:

    > On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:57:36 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Mueen Nawaz wrote:

    >>> Perhaps because the competition's news streaming media is worse
    >>>(even if it runs on FF)?
    >>>
    >>> I would suggest the person interested send an email to the Webmaster
    >>>with a polite complaint.
    >>>

    >>I know I'm very late chiming in on this, but I also note that the video
    >>plays fine on FF 0.9.2, and on MOz 1.7.1. The person who originally
    >>cites this page stated he used Moz 1.5 That was before the
    >>misidentified mime type bug fix was checked int, I believe for 1.6. If
    >>so, an update to 1.7 should solve his problem.
    >>
    >>Lee

    > Well, I know I'm supposed to keep my software up to date but didn't
    > think going to 1.7.1 would be that critical.
    >
    > Thanks.. it works at that <xtra.co.nz> site but with a quirk, and I
    > don't know whether it's my setting in WinMedPlayer9 or what... when I
    > launch a clip's URL, WinMedia's video window is "enveloped" although
    > it plays completely normally by going "full screen".
    >
    > Your help is appreciated.. I hope the person who set of this whole
    > thread also sees your comment. His query I think was about Moz 1.6?
    >
    > Also hope Moz Champ takes note.

    I think that's coded into the site, to "embed" the player. I had FF
    play with a Quicktime player, and Moz with Windows Media Player, though
    I forget when I made that split. Both were embedded in the page.

    As to the OP, he never returned to post any of the sites that troubled
    him, so I can't speak to those problems, due to lack of information.

    As to Moz Champ. I know Dan well on line, we are both Mozilla Champions.
    I would not disagree with anything he had to post concerning the web
    designers refusal to support browsers other then IE. That's narrow
    minded and, in light of recent security developments, foolish to say the
    least. Still, in this case, that web designer's rear end is protected.

    Glad the site is working for you!

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jul 30, 2004