  1. Johnny Lingo

    Johnny Lingo Guest

    What software can be used to capture Steaming Video?
    Johnny Lingo, Aug 11, 2004

  2. Johnny Lingo

    Johnny Lingo Guest

    Or Streaming audio?

    Johnny Lingo, Aug 11, 2004

  3. On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Johnny Lingo wrote:

    > What software can be used to capture Steaming Video?

    Depends if you have a disc burner that can boil water.

    swac
    Stephen Cooke, Aug 11, 2004
  4. Johnny Lingo

    Martin Guest

    > Or Streaming audio?
    >

    > "Johnny Lingo" <> wrote in message
    > > What software can be used to capture Steaming Video?

    What format is the stream that you want to capture?

    Windows Media / Real /Quicktime?

    Martin.
    Martin, Aug 11, 2004
  5. I've found some that claim to record streaming video. However, everyone that
    I've found that claims to, does not record streaming video in any watchable
    format.

    Windows media recorder claims to record streaming video, but does not do so
    correctly, even when the stream is at or below your connection speed.

    ditto for other streaming media recorders that claim to record streaming video.

    you're better off just watching the video online without recording.

    It's much more watchable that way.
    Waterperson77, Aug 11, 2004
  6. Johnny Lingo

    Rescate Guest

    Rescate, Aug 11, 2004
  7. Johnny Lingo

    Johnny Lingo Guest

    "Martin" <> wrote in message

    > "Johnny Lingo" <> wrote in message
    >> Or Streaming audio?
    >>

    >> "Johnny Lingo" <> wrote in message
    >> > What software can be used to capture Steaming Video?
    >> >

    > What format is the stream that you want to capture?
    >
    > Windows Media / Real /Quicktime?
    >
    > Martin.

    YES, all of the above
    Johnny Lingo, Aug 11, 2004
  8. Johnny Lingo

    Martin Guest

    > "Martin" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Johnny Lingo" <> wrote in message
    > >> Or Streaming audio?
    > >>

    > >> "Johnny Lingo" <> wrote in message
    > >> >

    > > What format is the stream that you want to capture?
    > >
    > > Windows Media / Real /Quicktime?
    > >
    > > Martin.
    > >

    > YES, all of the above

    Well for capturing Windows Media Format i have successfully used HiNet
    Recorder.
    Freeware from http://en.hoonnet.com/english1/recorder_intro.html

    Software to capture Real is rarer - the StreamboxVCR works but is now an
    'outlawed' piece of software.
    I think it breaks Real's copyright so Real took legal action against the
    authors.
    However download links to StreamboxVCR can be found on Google.

    And as for Quicktime - i've never seen any software that can capture
    streaming QT format.
    The standard Quicktime browser plug-in will allow you to save a streamed
    file once it's finished streaming - but i guess this is only for
    un-protected streams.

    I have also seen guides that use the DirectX utility GraphEdit to capture
    streaming media - though i've never invested the time to learn this one.
    Here's a link to one guide
    http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/180205.php
    A search on Google for 'graphedit stream capture' will reveal more.

    HTH.

    Martin.
    Martin, Aug 12, 2004
  9. Johnny Lingo

    napalm68 Guest

    Just look for a program call nettransport.
    napalm68, Aug 12, 2004
  10. Johnny Lingo

    Jay G Guest

    Waterperson77 <> wrote:
    > I've found some that claim to record streaming video. However,
    > everyone that I've found that claims to, does not record streaming
    > video in any watchable format.

    Well of course video quality is going to be a problem when
    you're trying to watch it with your HEAD stuck up your ASS.

    -Jay
    Jay G, Aug 13, 2004
  11. Johnny Lingo

    jware Guest

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 19:50:36 GMT, "Johnny Lingo"
    <> wrote:

    >What software can be used to capture Steaming Video?

    NetTransport
    rightclick and download the small streaming file
    change the name of that file to .txt and open it
    copy and paste address from txt file to NT, go
    jware, Aug 13, 2004
  12. Johnny Lingo

    DJAnonimo Guest

    Hi Recorder is a little buggly
    Try to use another one

    DJAnonimo, Aug 13, 2004
  13. Johnny Lingo

    Jeff Hansman Guest

    Total Recorder will record any streaming audio to several formats, though
    you need an MP3 codec to save to that format. Been using it for about a year
    now and it works great.

    Jeff Hansman, Aug 14, 2004