    when you click on them online it opens the proer medias player app, but
    there's no save function cus it's a stream. I'd like to be able to save
    them video and audio as an mpeg.

    Msfan, Aug 27, 2003

  2. Msfan

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Msfan continued:

    > how can you record streaming media so it saves an mpeg or something to
    > yer pc? what's the best and hopefully free way to do this? they are
    > windows media streams, quicktime and real etc. you can't save as and
    > when you click on them online it opens the proer medias player app,
    > but there's no save function cus it's a stream. I'd like to be able
    > to save them video and audio as an mpeg.

    This question gets asked quite regularly and the standard reply seems to be
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q="saving streaming video"&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=
    or http://tinyurl.com/lbyt
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 27, 2003

  3. Msfan

    Msfan Guest

    slumpy wrote:

    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Msfan continued:
    >

    >>how can you record streaming media so it saves an mpeg or something to
    >>yer pc? what's the best and hopefully free way to do this? they are
    >>windows media streams, quicktime and real etc. you can't save as and
    >>when you click on them online it opens the proer medias player app,
    >>but there's no save function cus it's a stream. I'd like to be able
    >>to save them video and audio as an mpeg.

    > This question gets asked quite regularly and the standard reply seems to be
    > http://www.google.co.uk/search?q="saving streaming video"&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=
    > or http://tinyurl.com/lbyt

    I've already done that and they record a black screen only. and i have
    heard also from one company that they will all only record a black
    screen. so i dunno which are going to work and which will not. and i
    don't have time to sift through every single one that is supposed to do
    this as i need to get this working by tonight. :(

    Msfan, Aug 27, 2003
  4. Msfan

    Msfan Guest

    slumpy wrote:

    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Msfan continued:
    >

    >>slumpy wrote:
    >>

    >>>"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    >>>?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Msfan continued:

    >>>This question gets asked quite regularly and the standard reply
    >>>seems to be
    >>>

    > http://www.google.co.uk/search?q="saving streaming video"&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=
    >
    >>>or http://tinyurl.com/lbyt

    >>I've already done that and they record a black screen only. and i have
    >>heard also from one company that they will all only record a black
    >>screen. so i dunno which are going to work and which will not. and i
    >>don't have time to sift through every single one that is supposed to
    >>do this as i need to get this working by tonight. :(

    > OK, well I have the following, and some work with one clip, some with
    > another:
    >
    > StreamboxVCR
    > Streamripper32
    > ASF REcorder
    >
    > Have tried a few others with varying success - best of luck!

    The streams i am referring to are www.jennaz.com and wmv or wxv or
    something and well, windows media format. tried using offline explorer
    pro 2.9, but the files still need to stream.

    Msfan, Aug 27, 2003
  5. Msfan

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Msfan continued:

    > slumpy wrote:

    >> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Msfan continued:

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q="saving streaming video"&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=

    >>> I've already done that and they record a black screen only. and i
    >>> have heard also from one company that they will all only record a
    >>> black screen. so i dunno which are going to work and which will
    >>> not. and i don't have time to sift through every single one that is
    >>> supposed to do this as i need to get this working by tonight. :(

    >> OK, well I have the following, and some work with one clip, some with
    >> another:
    >>
    >> StreamboxVCR
    >> Streamripper32
    >> ASF REcorder
    >>
    >> Have tried a few others with varying success - best of luck!

    > The streams i am referring to are www.jennaz.com and wmv or wxv or
    > something and well, windows media format. tried using offline explorer
    > pro 2.9, but the files still need to stream.

    I'll need your password to progress further LOL ;-)
    Have you tried entering the full path into the recorder ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 27, 2003
  6. Msfan

    Msfan Guest

    slumpy wrote:

    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Msfan continued:
    >

    >>slumpy wrote:
    >>

    >>>"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    >>>?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Msfan continued:

    > http://www.google.co.uk/search?q="saving streaming video"&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=

    >>>OK, well I have the following, and some work with one clip, some with
    >>>another:
    >>>
    >>>StreamboxVCR
    >>>Streamripper32
    >>>ASF REcorder
    >>>
    >>>Have tried a few others with varying success - best of luck!

    >>The streams i am referring to are www.jennaz.com and wmv or wxv or
    >>something and well, windows media format. tried using offline explorer
    >>pro 2.9, but the files still need to stream.

    > I'll need your password to progress further LOL ;-)
    > Have you tried entering the full path into the recorder ?

    password, lol, well, if i knew you and could trust, i'd do it in a heart
    beat. also the membership is over tonight or tomorrow cus i only got a
    three day pass, thinking i could just use offline explorer to grab the
    entire site, being i have a cable connection. however using offline
    explorer pro 2.9 i was emailed by their automated robot changing my
    password cus it was over their usage limits, lol. like it thot i was
    giving out my password or something. the admin of the site, he told me i
    got like 5000 images in an hr and that's over their usage limits or
    something so they emailed me a new password, twice actually, geese.
    and i go to a streaming media page in the site, tell offline explorer to
    grab the whole page and go down 2 levels. streaming media link is there,
    but it still gets it from the web site. and i told offline explorer to
    go all sites all files etc, but only 2 levels deep which is all the file
    is. then i went to the actual pop up window it gives and said 1 level
    which is the next link, still the file had to be online to stream. so i
    don't understand.

    those apps you told me, would they work for me? those 3? if so i could
    do it and send the streams to ya if wanted. or if anything can work for
    me before the 3 day pass is up, i could give ya the streams or whatever
    if wanted.

    but also one thing i want to do is not just this web site, but apple.com
    has their keynote speeches once or twice a year and I'd like to be able
    to save the quicktime stream as an mpeg or something.

    Msfan, Aug 27, 2003
  7. Msfan

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Msfan continued:

    > slumpy wrote:

    >> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Msfan continued:

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q="saving streaming video"&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=

    >>> The streams i am referring to are www.jennaz.com and wmv or wxv or
    >>> something and well, windows media format. tried using offline
    >>> explorer pro 2.9, but the files still need to stream.

    >> I'll need your password to progress further LOL ;-)
    >> Have you tried entering the full path into the recorder ?

    > password, lol, well, if i knew you and could trust, i'd do it in a
    > heart beat. also the membership is over tonight or tomorrow cus i
    > only got a three day pass, thinking i could just use offline explorer
    > to grab the entire site, being i have a cable connection. however
    > using offline explorer pro 2.9 i was emailed by their automated robot
    > changing my password cus it was over their usage limits, lol. like it
    > thot i was giving out my password or something. the admin of the
    > site, he told me i got like 5000 images in an hr and that's over
    > their usage limits or something so they emailed me a new password,
    > twice actually, geese.
    > and i go to a streaming media page in the site, tell offline explorer
    > to grab the whole page and go down 2 levels. streaming media link is
    > there, but it still gets it from the web site. and i told offline
    > explorer to go all sites all files etc, but only 2 levels deep which
    > is all the file is. then i went to the actual pop up window it gives
    > and said 1 level which is the next link, still the file had to be
    > online to stream. so i don't understand.
    >
    > those apps you told me, would they work for me? those 3? if so i could
    > do it and send the streams to ya if wanted. or if anything can work
    > for me before the 3 day pass is up, i could give ya the streams or
    > whatever if wanted.
    >
    > but also one thing i want to do is not just this web site, but
    > apple.com has their keynote speeches once or twice a year and I'd
    > like to be able to save the quicktime stream as an mpeg or something.

    Well thanks for the offer, but I'll pass ;-)
    I would try all three, and run the risk of upsetting the webmaster :)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 27, 2003
  8. Msfan

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Msfan continued:

    >> Well thanks for the offer, but I'll pass ;-)
    >> I would try all three, and run the risk of upsetting the webmaster
    >> :)

    > Umm, they didn't work i read about them and 2 are music only and the
    > other is not for windows media. so im not sure what to do now.

    I would suggest getting the most from it before your time expires, though
    you may be exhausted by tonight ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more