    Happy to pay for what I want to see,in a streaming format.

    Oh,and mum informs me she would like some figure skating,
    any soccer types here who use it in their training?.
    grumpyoldhori, Aug 4, 2005

  2. grumpyoldhori

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <LhgIe.137$>,
    says...
    > First off,yes I am a miserable old git,with short arms and deep pockets.
    > OK,I gave sky digital away,as being to bloody expensive.
    > Been looking around to get a streaming connection to watch the rugby,
    > but mediazone, the miserable bastards, told me we could not get it in
    > this little green land.
    > No interest in bit torrent.
    > Happy to pay for what I want to see,in a streaming format.
    >
    > Oh,and mum informs me she would like some figure skating,
    > any soccer types here who use it in their training?.

    dunno, but the space walking last night was pretty (vicariously? :)
    cool...

    http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Aug 4, 2005

  3. grumpyoldhori

    C_Lyon Guest

    grumpyoldhori wrote:
    > First off,yes I am a miserable old git,with short arms and deep pockets.
    > OK,I gave sky digital away,as being to bloody expensive.
    > Been looking around to get a streaming connection to watch the rugby,
    > but mediazone, the miserable bastards, told me we could not get it in
    > this little green land.
    > No interest in bit torrent.
    > Happy to pay for what I want to see,in a streaming format.
    >
    > Oh,and mum informs me she would like some figure skating,
    > any soccer types here who use it in their training?.

    If you ask nicely I could point the webcam at the TV for you ?
    C_Lyon, Aug 4, 2005
  4. "grumpyoldhori" <> wrote in message
    > First off,yes I am a miserable old git,with short arms and deep pockets.
    > OK,I gave sky digital away,as being to bloody expensive.
    > Been looking around to get a streaming connection to watch the rugby,
    > but mediazone, the miserable bastards, told me we could not get it in
    > this little green land.
    > No interest in bit torrent.
    > Happy to pay for what I want to see,in a streaming format.
    >
    > Oh,and mum informs me she would like some figure skating,
    > any soccer types here who use it in their training?.

    Good idea - I wonder why the IRB has not made such a site - so, pay 20
    bucks, get to watch a game over the net. Would never work cos people don't
    know how to work computers and would ask for their money back.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Aug 4, 2005
  5. news.xtra.co.nz
    > Good idea - I wonder why the IRB has not made such a site - so, pay 20
    > bucks, get to watch a game over the net. Would never work cos people don't
    > know how to work computers and would ask for their money back.

    Bloody joke is it not,the yanks can watch a game for around US$5 .

    grumpy
    grumpyoldhori, Aug 4, 2005
  6. grumpyoldhori

    Shane Guest

    On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:24:16 +1200, grumpyoldhori wrote:

    > news.xtra.co.nz
    >> Good idea - I wonder why the IRB has not made such a site - so, pay 20
    >> bucks, get to watch a game over the net. Would never work cos people
    >> don't know how to work computers and would ask for their money back.

    > Bloody joke is it not,the yanks can watch a game for around US$5 .
    >
    > grumpy

    Find a proxy that is quick enough, and allows streams through it
    (american proxys will be a good place to start because of their IP )

    Shane, Aug 4, 2005