    network is totally open!

    Thanks,
    Ray

    itemyar, Apr 30, 2006

  2. itemyar

    Dave Guest

    a bit of a discrepancy here...first you say it 'stopped working' then you
    say 'some radio stations do work'... perhaps you should compare those that
    do with those that don't. do you have all the latest updates? maybe some
    stations are using newer features that you can't handle?

    Dave, Apr 30, 2006

  3. itemyar

    John Guest

    itemyar wrote:
    > I'm using a Linksys WRT54G DSL router and when I first set up my
    > network I was able to stream radio stations fine, but a few months
    > ago it stopped working! When I click on a streaming link the player
    > pops up (Windows Media Player) and it tells me that it's connecting
    > to media, but it never starts 'buffering', after a couple of minutes
    > it will just say "Ready" and if I click the Play button it just
    > repeats this. I've tried every setting in IE, I've shut down Windows
    > Firewall, I've turned off the pop-up blocker, I've disabled my virus
    > protection and I've tried every setting in Windows Media Player, but
    > nothing has helped. Some radio stations do work though. My question
    > is: is there any settings in the router I might need to look at? I
    > don't have any Encryption set, no Mac filtering, no security at all,
    > my network is totally open!

    It might be WMP. Have you tried pasting the URL into File/URL? Does
    Streaming Video work?

    http://tinyurl.com/q2734

    John, Apr 30, 2006
  4. itemyar

    itemyar Guest

    There is a discrepancy! Some stations work but others don't, yet the ones
    that don't work for me, other people don't seem to have a problem with! It
    seems like it is mostly "Clear Channel/Premier Broadcasting" that I have a
    problem with, but I also subscribe to a couple of their programs (Phil
    Hendrie and George Noory) and I can stream their shows fine (maybe it's
    because I'm paying them $6.95 a month), it's the radio stations that are
    giving me the problem, but I didn't used to have a problem with them either!
    I'm beginning to think that it might be my ISP, maybe they're blocking
    something? I will contact them tomorrow!

    itemyar, Apr 30, 2006
  5. itemyar

    John Guest

    itemyar wrote:
    > There is a discrepancy! Some stations work but others don't, yet the
    > ones that don't work for me, other people don't seem to have a
    > problem with! It seems like it is mostly "Clear Channel/Premier
    > Broadcasting" that I have a problem with, but I also subscribe to a
    > couple of their programs (Phil Hendrie and George Noory) and I can
    > stream their shows fine (maybe it's because I'm paying them $6.95 a
    > month), it's the radio stations that are giving me the problem, but I
    > didn't used to have a problem with them either! I'm beginning to
    > think that it might be my ISP, maybe they're blocking something? I
    > will contact them tomorrow!

    Good luck and post back your results.

    John, Apr 30, 2006