    and buying Virtual PC and Installing Windows OS is going to be costly.

    Thanks

    Alij
    alij, May 1, 2007

  2. alij

    Guest

    alij <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Is there a software out there that can capture incoming stream on a
    >Windows PC (from Paltalk) and relay it to a software that can run on a
    >Mac, in real time? The reason is because Paltalk does not support Mac,
    >and buying Virtual PC and Installing Windows OS is going to be costly.

    I don't know what paltalk is, but VLC should be able to handle it (on
    your Mac). http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

    File > network stream

    --
    The Beatles -- A Day in the Life
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=gZez_k4vAzU

  3. alij

    alij Guest

    On May 1, 1:29 pm, wrote:
    > alij <> wrote:
    > >Hi,

    > >Is there a software out there that can capture incoming stream on a
    > >Windows PC (from Paltalk) and relay it to a software that can run on a
    > >Mac, in real time? The reason is because Paltalk does not support Mac,
    > >and buying Virtual PC and Installing Windows OS is going to be costly.

    > I don't know what paltalk is, but VLC should be able to handle it (on
    > your Mac).http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
    >
    > File > network stream
    >
    > --
    > The Beatles -- A Day in the Lifehttp://youtube.com/watch?v=gZez_k4vAzU

    The problem is, what I want to stream is not a file. Is there a way I
    can take an input network stream, or what my speaker is playing, and
    stream it out?
    alij, May 1, 2007
  4. alij

    Guest

    alij <> wrote:

    >On May 1, 1:29 pm, wrote:
    >> alij <> wrote:
    >> >Hi,

    >> >Is there a software out there that can capture incoming stream on a
    >> >Windows PC (from Paltalk) and relay it to a software that can run on a
    >> >Mac, in real time? The reason is because Paltalk does not support Mac,
    >> >and buying Virtual PC and Installing Windows OS is going to be costly.

    >> I don't know what paltalk is, but VLC should be able to handle it (on
    >> your Mac).http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
    >>
    >> File > network stream

    >The problem is, what I want to stream is not a file. Is there a way I
    >can take an input network stream, or what my speaker is playing, and
    >stream it out?

    Paltalk http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paltalk I know now.

    VLC will also stream network feeds, it's just listed under the File
    menu :) - it will do files as well if you capture it on the WinOS.

    VLC is very versatile, small, and a stand alone program (don't have to
    install it, just put it in a directory and pull an Icon from it).

    It was just a suggestion that you might play with.

    Use the netstat -b -n equivalent for Mac, and input that ip address
    --
    The Beatles -- A Day in the Life
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=gZez_k4vAzU
    , May 1, 2007
  5. alij

    Guest

    alij <> wrote:

    >The problem is, what I want to stream is not a file. Is there a way I
    >can take an input network stream, or what my speaker is playing, and
    >stream it out?

    Might of misunderstood you, thought you wished an input stream.
    If you wish to send an output stream, Check VideoLan.
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/streaming.html
    --
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    http://rudd-o.com/archives/2007/04/30/spread-this-number/