    uninstalling quicktime but brower just just ruest the the quicktime plugin.
    strange.

    thanks for any help
    xungo, Jul 17, 2005

  2. xungo

    supersonic Guest

    this happens sometimes when a music stream is played by default from the
    server it self, you pc file association has nothing to do with it. some
    times a webpage with music stream can either be played automatically or by
    default with win media, quicktime etc, without asking you in prior with wich
    player you want to play it. what you can do is right click on the stream
    link, save the link/file on a folder , when you right click again on the
    file select : open with.. and play it manually with the player you want.
    dbea6e$g2o$-infra.bt.com...

    supersonic, Jul 18, 2005

  3. xungo

    Fakename Guest

    Check the quick time applet in the control panel. Changing it there
    might fix your problem. The explanation is complicated but let's just
    say your browser looks at an mp3 stream differently than a file on your
    hd, therefore making the file association in windows explorer irrelavent.

    Fakename, Jul 18, 2005
  4. xungo

    xungo Guest

    thanks for the help, as yet unfortunately still been unable to resolve this
    though! which setting should I be changing/checking under quicktime icon
    in control panel?
    this also only seems to happen on machine with xp home as os, i'm sure this
    shouldn't really make nay differnce though.

    thanks

    xungo, Jul 18, 2005