    be wrong and what can I do please?

    --
    Derrick Fawsitt
    Derrick Fawsitt, Feb 18, 2005

  2. Derrick Fawsitt

    Paul Guest

    Try a different streaming audio server?
    Make sure you're not using up your connection with torrents and things as
    well.

    Paul, Feb 19, 2005

  3. In message <EnvRd.425582$Xk.258948@pd7tw3no>, Paul
    <> writes
    >Try a different streaming audio server?
    >Make sure you're not using up your connection with torrents and things as
    >well.

    Hi Paul.
    Can you explain "a different streaming server", do you mean different
    radio stations, I did that through Shoutcast or do you mean using Winamp
    rathere than Windows Media Player? Excuse my stupidity.
    --
    Derrick Fawsitt
    Derrick Fawsitt, Feb 19, 2005
  4. Derrick Fawsitt

    Paul Guest

    I'm focusing more on shoutcast here, simply because I find it better than
    windows media...
    Most of the large shoutcast stations have several servers you can choose
    from (in Winamp, try clicking on a few in the shoutcast directory and
    looking at your playlist), if you try different servers you should find one
    that you are able to connect to without problems.
    Try some lower bandwidth servers as well, they don't sound as nice but they
    should perform better.
    If many of the sites you visit seem slow you should probablly consider
    contacting your ISP, perhaps they're having issues.
    There are still other issues such as bad cables, incorrect network drivers,
    etc.

    Good luck
    -Paul

    Paul, Feb 22, 2005
  5. In message <gdvSd.460042$Xk.426416@pd7tw3no>, Paul
    <> writes
    >I'm focusing more on shoutcast here, simply because I find it better than
    >windows media...
    >Most of the large shoutcast stations have several servers you can choose
    >from (in Winamp, try clicking on a few in the shoutcast directory and
    >looking at your playlist), if you try different servers you should find one
    >that you are able to connect to without problems.
    >Try some lower bandwidth servers as well, they don't sound as nice but they
    >should perform better.
    >If many of the sites you visit seem slow you should probablly consider
    >contacting your ISP, perhaps they're having issues.
    >There are still other issues such as bad cables, incorrect network drivers,
    >etc.
    >
    >Good luck
    >-Paul
    >
    >"Derrick Fawsitt" <> wrote in message
    >> In message <EnvRd.425582$Xk.258948@pd7tw3no>, Paul
    >> <> writes
    >> >Try a different streaming audio server?
    >> >Make sure you're not using up your connection with torrents and things as
    >> >well.

    >> Hi Paul.
    >> Can you explain "a different streaming server", do you mean different
    >> radio stations, I did that through Shoutcast or do you mean using Winamp
    >> rathere than Windows Media Player? Excuse my stupidity.
    >> --
    >> Derrick Fawsitt

    I have finally contacted McAfee and anyone else out there who may be
    having the same problem with McAfee Security Centre Version 6 might like
    to know the following.

    The Privacy Service is/was the cause of my problem in that it interfered
    with Streaming Internet radio. This means that anyone out there who like
    live streaming radio should not use McAfee Security suite unless they do
    not install the Privacy Service when they are installing the McAfee
    Security Suite at the start. Unfortunately I have now disable the
    Privacy Service and reinstalled Winamp but I know when I reboot my PC
    later it will once again switch on the wretched Privacy Service. I have
    asked them to let me know how to stop Privacy Service from kicking in
    every time I start up my PC and would you believe it, they did not
    immediately know how to do it so they are going to email me later with
    detailed instructions as to how to do it.
    I am aware that I could UN-install the Suite and reinstall it without
    selecting the Privacy Service but since I was told that McAfee was only
    effective when loaded on a PC before most other programs I am loath to
    do that. Perhaps someone out there can tell me how to do it before
    McAfee comes back to me, if they ever do.
    --
    Derrick Fawsitt
    Derrick Fawsitt, Feb 22, 2005