    Player 67Kbps streams reliably at all.

    Has anyone using the Jetstream starter service been able to stream any of
    the 64Kbps streams at all without any drops out?

    Alpine Dragon, Sep 7, 2003

  2. Alpine Dragon

    steve Guest

    Alpine Dragon allegedly said:

    > I've been given this site by a overseas friend
    > http://www.digitallyimported.net for listening to streams of Dance related
    > music. But for some reasons I cannot stream any of the Windows Media
    > Player 67Kbps streams reliably at all.
    >
    > Has anyone using the Jetstream starter service been able to stream any of
    > the 64Kbps streams at all without any drops out?

    The Trance at 64k went just fine on WMP 6.4 running on Linux via WINE.

    I'm on TC cable.

    steve, Sep 7, 2003

    http://www.paradise.net.nz/detect/frames/default/cgi-bin/main/show-streams
    > > they mirror two of the feeds from Digitally Imported (www.di.fm)

    > Thanks for your replies, It seems I was able to listen to their streams
    > properly before heading off this morning. But around 5 to 5:30 PM it

    starts
    > to break up and gets progressively worst further into the evening to the
    > point even the lower 33kbit streams also become unreliable.
    >
    > Of course being in Auckland, there is no Telstra Clear Cable so I'm
    > condemned to using Jetstream Starter 128K/bit.
    >
    > Would this be an ISP or Telecom Issue? Could all these worms floating
    > around be having an effect?

    FWIW I'm on Jetstrean Starter with Xtra as my ISP and I can stream all those
    Windows Media 64k streams fine, even at 5pm

    Nathan Mercer, Sep 8, 2003
  4. Alpine Dragon wrote:

    > Of course being in Auckland, there is no Telstra Clear Cable so I'm
    > condemned to using Jetstream Starter 128K/bit.
    >
    > Would this be an ISP or Telecom Issue? Could all these worms floating
    > around be having an effect?

    ISP most likly, try the local streams at the same time and see how they go.

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Sep 8, 2003
  5. Thus spake Alpine Dragon:
    > I've been given this site by a overseas friend
    > http://www.digitallyimported.net for listening to streams of Dance related

    Thanks for the tip, that's a good station...

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

    Aaron Lawrence, Sep 8, 2003
  6. Alpine Dragon

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Thus spake Alpine Dragon:
    > > I've been given this site by a overseas friend
    > > http://www.digitallyimported.net for listening to streams of Dance related

    > Thanks for the tip, that's a good station...

    What is good?

    I think it's pretty crappy! :)

    I generally use Shoutcast myself.

    --
    Duncan

    T-Boy, Sep 8, 2003
  7. Thus spake T-Boy:
    > What is good?

    The music is to (one of) my tastes

    > I generally use Shoutcast myself.

    Example?

    Aaron Lawrence, Sep 9, 2003
  8. Alpine Dragon

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Thus spake T-Boy:
    > > What is good?

    > The music is to (one of) my tastes
    >
    > > I generally use Shoutcast myself.

    > Example?

    http://yp.shoutcast.com/ - and maybe choose a bandwidth and
    genre.

    --
    Duncan

    T-Boy, Sep 9, 2003
  9. Alpine Dragon

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:41:03 +1200, T-Boy wrote:
    >
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >> Thus spake T-Boy:
    > >> The music is to (one of) my tastes

    > >> Example?

    > > http://yp.shoutcast.com/ - and maybe choose a bandwidth and
    > > genre.

    > I thought you meant you were streaming yourself ;>)

    For that, I've used JetAudio (check it out - quite a nice
    player and broadcaster) - supports more formats than any other
    player (including vid) that I've ever seen.

    > http://www.digitallyimported.net/
    > has both wmv streams and mp3 streams
    >
    > http://radio.paradise.net.nz:8010/listen.pls
    > is the 128k trance mp3 stream from digitally imported mirrored by Paradise on
    > their streaming audio page.
    > It probably comes from an Icecast server.
    > If you are a TS cable customer it counts as zero data.

    I rarely use the DI mirror on Paradise - even though I'm cable
    etc and the traffic doesn't count - bit tranced out you might
    say.

    > I have lots of stations loaded up on Rhythmbox.
    > http://www.rhythmbox.org/

    WILCO - cheers for the link.

    --
    Duncan

    T-Boy, Sep 9, 2003
  10. On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:15:52 +1200, T-Boy wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:41:03 +1200, T-Boy wrote:
    >>
    >> > In article <>,
    >> > says...

    >> > http://yp.shoutcast.com/ - and maybe choose a bandwidth and
    >> > genre.

    >> I thought you meant you were streaming yourself ;>)

    > For that, I've used JetAudio (check it out - quite a nice
    > player and broadcaster) - supports more formats than any other
    > player (including vid) that I've ever seen.

    Thanks

    >> http://www.digitallyimported.net/
    >> has both wmv streams and mp3 streams
    >>
    >> http://radio.paradise.net.nz:8010/listen.pls
    >> is the 128k trance mp3 stream from digitally imported mirrored by Paradise on
    >> their streaming audio page.
    >> It probably comes from an Icecast server.
    >> If you are a TS cable customer it counts as zero data.

    > I rarely use the DI mirror on Paradise - even though I'm cable
    > etc and the traffic doesn't count - bit tranced out you might
    > say.

    Its not my cuppa either, I'm more inclined to the Groove Salad stream or
    RadioActive when its working.

    Olson Johnson, Sep 9, 2003