    There wis a Hare ran tae a burn it ran sae fast it couldnae turn
    \\SPLASH// :eek:)
    www.killies.co.uk/forums/index.php
    Kev C, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Kev C

    slylittlei Guest

    .... it was Kev C , uttering these fateful
    words:
    > Hi all.
    > Eldest wants to listen to streamed radio (WMP9) can I do this with
    > him on a limited account?At the mo' I have to give him an
    > administration account,which I don't want to do for obvious
    > reasons.Is a file being installed when listening to streamed radio?
    >
    > Win XP(home)
    > Windows Media Player nine
    > BBC 7 (big toe radio show e.t.c.)
    > Blueyonder Broadband I.S.P.

    I think you'll find that the BBC stations need RealPlayer - be *very*
    careful about installing it though - don't let it become the default player
    for everything as it's an aggressive & annoying beastie - I use a crippled
    version to play streaming Radio 4 with the same ISP as you, and I found the
    easiest thing was to put a shortcut to it on the desktop. ;-)
    slylittlei, Jul 1, 2003

  3. Kev C

    Shep© Guest

    On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:59:56 GMT, In this world we created "Kev C"
    <> wrote :

    >slylittlei typed the following
    >
    >> ... it was Kev C , uttering these fateful
    >> words:
    >>> Hi all.
    >>> Eldest wants to listen to streamed radio (WMP9) can I do this with
    >>> him on a limited account?At the mo' I have to give him an
    >>> administration account,which I don't want to do for obvious
    >>> reasons.Is a file being installed when listening to streamed radio?
    >>>
    >>> Win XP(home)
    >>> Windows Media Player nine
    >>> BBC 7 (big toe radio show e.t.c.)
    >>> Blueyonder Broadband I.S.P.

    >> I think you'll find that the BBC stations need RealPlayer - be *very*
    >> careful about installing it though - don't let it become the default
    >> player for everything as it's an aggressive & annoying beastie - I
    >> use a crippled version to play streaming Radio 4 with the same ISP as
    >> you, and I found the easiest thing was to put a shortcut to it on the
    >> desktop. ;-)

    > Thanks for that ;however even the "native" WMP9 stations won't play and
    >BBC 7(unlike all other BBC channels) gives you the option of WMP or
    >RealPlayer(its webcam needs RealPlayer tho'), installed RealPlayer once and
    >it "hijacked" all file types, don't like it at all.

    Real player only does what you tell it.If you leave it to it's own
    devices it will do what most Media Players do and assume you want it
    to control your media.Choose the options you want on install or after
    install from the program's preferences.
    HTH

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,
    Shep©, Jul 1, 2003
  4. Kev C

    Josef Knecht Guest

    "Kev C" <> wrote:

    >slylittlei typed the following
    >
    >> ... it was Kev C , uttering these fateful
    >> words:
    >>> Hi all.
    >>> Eldest wants to listen to streamed radio (WMP9) can I do this with
    >>> him on a limited account?At the mo' I have to give him an
    >>> administration account,which I don't want to do for obvious
    >>> reasons.Is a file being installed when listening to streamed radio?
    >>>
    >>> Win XP(home)
    >>> Windows Media Player nine
    >>> BBC 7 (big toe radio show e.t.c.)
    >>> Blueyonder Broadband I.S.P.

    >> I think you'll find that the BBC stations need RealPlayer - be *very*
    >> careful about installing it though - don't let it become the default
    >> player for everything as it's an aggressive & annoying beastie - I
    >> use a crippled version to play streaming Radio 4 with the same ISP as
    >> you, and I found the easiest thing was to put a shortcut to it on the
    >> desktop. ;-)

    > Thanks for that ;however even the "native" WMP9 stations won't play and
    >BBC 7(unlike all other BBC channels) gives you the option of WMP or
    >RealPlayer(its webcam needs RealPlayer tho'), installed RealPlayer once and
    >it "hijacked" all file types, don't like it at all.

    Some of the older versions are less 'aggressive'. Here's a URL that
    may be of use to you:

    The RealNetworks Legacy Software Archive
    http://forms.real.com/real/player/blackjack.html

    HTH

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2
    Josef Knecht, Jul 2, 2003
  5. Kev C

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Shep© continued:

    > On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:59:56 GMT, In this world we created "Kev C"
    > <> wrote :
    >

    >> slylittlei typed the following
    >>
    >>> ... it was Kev C , uttering these fateful
    >>> words:

    >>> I think you'll find that the BBC stations need RealPlayer - be
    >>> *very* careful about installing it though - don't let it become the
    >>> default player for everything as it's an aggressive & annoying
    >>> beastie - I
    >>> use a crippled version to play streaming Radio 4 with the same ISP
    >>> as you, and I found the easiest thing was to put a shortcut to it
    >>> on the desktop. ;-)

    >> Thanks for that ;however even the "native" WMP9 stations won't
    >> play and BBC 7(unlike all other BBC channels) gives you the option
    >> of WMP or RealPlayer(its webcam needs RealPlayer tho'), installed
    >> RealPlayer once and it "hijacked" all file types, don't like it at
    >> all.

    > Real player only does what you tell it.If you leave it to it's own
    > devices it will do what most Media Players do and assume you want it
    > to control your media.Choose the options you want on install or after
    > install from the program's preferences.
    > HTH

    I find that after a while I forget what a pig it is, and reinstall it as a
    one-off, just to play one file. It takes longer to install and uncheck just
    about everything there is, than it does to view the file and uninstall
    again. I hate it more than...oooh something really hate-able that I can't
    think of at the moment.
    --
    slumpy
    no more