    running somewhere with a terminal stoppage at "0". Anyone have any
    ideas? (other than pee faster or don't answer the phone)

    Bob
    Bob, Aug 23, 2006

  2. Bob

    RjK Guest

    Anything listed in the event log?

    RjK, Aug 23, 2006

  3. Bob

    Ernie Werbel Guest

    Bob wrote in message <>...
    >Recently loaded XP home OS and everything appeared to be working ok.
    >Then I noted a strange problem. If I select most any desktop
    >application or item from the start menu, where the program is waiting
    >for me to make a choice, and I delay making a choice for a couple of
    >minutes, the computer freezes. No way to end the task or get it going
    >again without a master reset. There appears to be a timeout clock
    >running somewhere with a terminal stoppage at "0". Anyone have any
    >ideas? (other than pee faster or don't answer the phone)
    >
    >Bob

    I had that too. It sounds like it gets into a refresh loop or something to keep
    the menu active and eventually causes a stack overflow. That is why I prefer
    the Program Manager interface to the goofy Start Menu.

    What did I do about it? I had XP on my laptop. I reformatted the hard disk and
    installed Windows 3.11 and everything works great now.
    Ernie Werbel, Aug 24, 2006