    I can see most files if i right click & explore but still no Control Panel,
    can anyone help?

    Mick

    Mick, Oct 5, 2003

  2. Mick

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Mick said:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I just uninstalled XP because it ran too slow and now when i access Control
    > Panel or C Drive i cannot view any progs.
    >
    > I can see most files if i right click & explore but still no Control Panel,
    > can anyone help?
    >
    > Mick

    Didn't you just post less than a minute ago asking the same thing?

    Brian H¹©, Oct 5, 2003

  3. Mick

    Mick Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Mick said:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I just uninstalled XP because it ran too slow and now when i access

    Control
    > > Panel or C Drive i cannot view any progs.
    > >
    > > I can see most files if i right click & explore but still no Control

    Panel,
    > > can anyone help?
    > >
    > > Mick

    > Didn't you just post less than a minute ago asking the same thing?

    Didn't realise Icons was a message, so obviously you can't help me then?

    Mick, Oct 5, 2003
  4. Mick

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Mick said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Mick said:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I just uninstalled XP because it ran too slow and now when i access Control
    >>> Panel or C Drive i cannot view any progs.
    >>>
    >>> I can see most files if i right click & explore but still no Control Panel,
    >>> can anyone help?
    >>>
    >>> Mick

    >> Didn't you just post less than a minute ago asking the same thing?
    >>

    > Didn't realise Icons was a message, so obviously you can't help me then?

    Seems to be a "message" to me, totally identical to this post too.

    Copy/paste from your post subject = Icons.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 5, 2003
  5. Mick

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Brian H¹© said:

    > Mick said:
    >
    >> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>> Didn't you just post less than a minute ago asking the same thing?
    >>>

    >> Didn't realise Icons was a message, so obviously you can't help me then?

    > Seems to be a "message" to me, totally identical to this post too.
    >
    > Copy/paste from your post subject = Icons.
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just uninstalled XP because it ran too slow and now when i access Control
    > Panel or C Drive i cannot view any progs.
    >
    > I can see most files if i right click & explore but still no Control Panel,
    > can anyone ?
    >
    > Mick

    Oops, 'scuse binary, OE-QuoteFix at it again ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Oct 5, 2003
  6. Mick

    billy_bunter Guest

    Brian H¹© spluttered almost incoherently...:

    > Brian H¹© said:

    >> Mick said:
    >>
    >>> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>> Didn't realise Icons was a message, so obviously you can't help me then?

    >> Seems to be a "message" to me, totally identical to this post too.
    >>
    >> Copy/paste from your post subject = Icons.
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I just uninstalled XP because it ran too slow and now when i access Control
    >> Panel or C Drive i cannot view any progs.
    >>
    >> I can see most files if i right click & explore but still no Control Panel,
    >> can anyone ?
    >>
    >> Mick

    > Oops, 'scuse binary, OE-QuoteFix at it again ;-)

    Just goes to show that you are not perfect either.
    Stop picking arguments and answer the question (if you can) !!

    billy_bunter, Oct 5, 2003
  7. Mick

    Mick Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Brian H¹© said:
    >
    > > Mick said:

    snip whatever is is you're talking about.

    > Oops, 'scuse binary, OE-QuoteFix at it again ;-)

    Look, i had a problem which i posted under the subject Icons. Unbeknown to
    me there was already a subject called Icons from 4-10-03 so obviously my
    message went there.

    So!!!!!!!!!!!!! I copied and pasted orig msg into new subject header and
    posted Strange.

    I do hope that clarifies things for you.

    Mick, Oct 5, 2003
  8. Mick

    Brian H¹© Guest

    billy_bunter said:

    (snip)

    > Just goes to show that you are not perfect either.
    > Stop picking arguments and answer the question (if you can) !!

    http://www.ch4.com/

    Is that you?

    Brian H¹©, Oct 5, 2003
  9. Bebop & Rocksteady, Oct 5, 2003
  10. Mick

    billy_bunter Guest

    Brian H¹© spluttered almost incoherently...:

    > billy_bunter said:

    > (snip)

    >> Just goes to show that you are not perfect either.
    >> Stop picking arguments and answer the question (if you can) !!

    > http://www.ch4.com/

    > Is that you?

    Maybe... why ?

    billy_bunter, Oct 5, 2003
  11. Mick

    Mick Guest

    "Bebop & Rocksteady" <> wrote in message

    > <SNIP>
    > Unbeknown to
    > > me there was already a subject called Icons

    > Well you posted so you did know that it was there...
    >

    > --

    Is this NG full of pedantics like you? This is a support group, i asked a
    question, i needed support, obviously your head is too far up your own arse
    and your nose up brian's to care.

    Mick, Oct 5, 2003
  12. Mick

    Mick Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > billy_bunter said:
    >
    > (snip)
    >
    > > Just goes to show that you are not perfect either.
    > > Stop picking arguments and answer the question (if you can) !!

    > http://www.ch4.com/
    >
    > Is that you?

    If i throw a stick will you leave?

    Mick, Oct 5, 2003
  13. Mick

    Brian H¹© Guest

    billy_bunter said:

    > Brian H¹© spluttered almost incoherently...:
    >
    >> billy_bunter said:

    >> (snip)

    >>> Just goes to show that you are not perfect either.
    >>> Stop picking arguments and answer the question (if you can) !!

    >> http://www.ch4.com/

    >> Is that you?

    > Maybe... why ?

    Your ISP shows you as a blueyoder user, yet you are using ch4.com in your munge.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 5, 2003
  14. Mick

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Mick said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> billy_bunter said:
    >>
    >> (snip)
    >>
    >>> Just goes to show that you are not perfect either.
    >>> Stop picking arguments and answer the question (if you can) !!

    >> http://www.ch4.com/
    >>
    >> Is that you?
    >>

    > If i throw a stick will you leave?

    Will you leave to go find one first?

    Brian H¹©, Oct 5, 2003
  15. Mick

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Mick said:

    > "Bebop & Rocksteady" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <SNIP>
    >> Unbeknown to
    >>> me there was already a subject called Icons

    >> Well you posted so you did know that it was there...
    >>

    >> --

    > Is this NG full of pedantics like you? This is a support group, i asked a
    > question, i needed support, obviously your head is too far up your own arse
    > and your nose up brian's to care.

    Support group?
    Actually it's 24hours up port.helpdesk

    Brian H¹©, Oct 5, 2003
  16. Mick

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 01:05:49 GMT, in
    <N7Kfb.9213$>
    Mick scrawled:

    <snip>

    >Look, i had a problem which i posted under the subject Icons. Unbeknown to
    >me there was already a subject called Icons from 4-10-03 so obviously my
    >message went there.
    >
    >So!!!!!!!!!!!!! I copied and pasted orig msg into new subject header and
    >posted Strange.
    >
    >I do hope that clarifies things for you.

    Has it even occurred to you that both of your (one word)
    subject lines were unhelpful, you make no mention of
    what os you have now, how you achieved the uninstall,
    not to mention that:

    "when i access Control Panel or C Drive i cannot view any progs."

    doesn't mean a lot, neither does:

    "I can see most files if i right click & explore but still no
    Control Panel,"

    Read this and post back (and don't use a one-word subject line):
    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 5, 2003
  17. Mick wrote:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Mick said:

    >> > Hi,

    >> > I just uninstalled XP because it ran too slow and now when i access

    > Control
    >> > Panel or C Drive i cannot view any progs.

    >> > I can see most files if i right click & explore but still no Control

    > Panel,
    >> > can anyone help?

    >> > Mick

    >> Didn't you just post less than a minute ago asking the same thing?

    > Didn't realise Icons was a message, so obviously you can't help me then?

    What did you think it was, if not a message?

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 297263
    NEW 9/25/03:

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 5, 2003
  18. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:trKfb.6978$,
    Brian H¹© <> typed
    || Mick said:
    ||| "Bebop & Rocksteady" <> wrote in message
    ||| Is this NG full of pedantics like you? This is a support group, i
    ||| asked a question, i needed support, obviously your head is too far
    ||| up your own arse and your nose up brian's to care.
    || Support group?
    || Actually it's 24hours up port.helpdesk

    child

    Robert de Brus, Oct 5, 2003
  19. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:zZJfb.6967$,
    Brian H¹© <> typed
    || Brian H¹© said:
    ||| Seems to be a "message" to me, totally identical to this post too.
    ||| Copy/paste from your post subject = Icons.
    ||| Hi,
    ||| I just uninstalled XP because it ran too slow and now when i access
    ||| Control Panel or C Drive i cannot view any progs.
    ||| I can see most files if i right click & explore but still no
    ||| Control Panel, can anyone ?
    ||| Mick
    || Oops, 'scuse binary, OE-QuoteFix at it again ;-)

    I don't want to see you chastising anyone for posting binaries in here from
    this point on.

    Robert de Brus, Oct 5, 2003
  20. Mick

    trout Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Mick wrote:
    >
    >> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>> Didn't you just post less than a minute ago asking the same thing?

    >> Didn't realise Icons was a message, so obviously you can't help me
    >> then?

    > What did you think it was, if not a message?

    Well, I think I'll tuck this thread away; and save it as a Blueprint
    for Effective Communication.
    --
    "We're sorry. Your call cannot be completed as dialed."

    trout, Oct 5, 2003