    There are no wireless devices in the building and I doubt that there are
    any in the vicinity.

    How do I trace this to it's source.
    General Specific, Nov 11, 2004

  2. Disable or delete the connection. Tracing a wireless connection is next to
    impossible.

    Timothy Goddard, Nov 11, 2004

  3. General Specific

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:04:27 +1300, "Timothy Goddard"
    <interfecus@> wrote:

    >Disable or delete the connection. Tracing a wireless connection is next to
    >impossible.

    Thats not my experience as a radio amateur :)

    You just need some patience a true indication of signal strength
    and a directional antenna.

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Nov 11, 2004
  4. General Specific

    David Shaw Guest

    Not sure, but "Epson" sounds like it's trying to connect to an epson
    printer, that the laptop thinks is there. Run a sniffer on it to make
    sure, but that would be my guess.

    - ds
    David Shaw, Nov 11, 2004
  5. General Specific

    Redbox Guest

    -

    Install Netstumbler http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads/
    Redbox, Nov 14, 2004
  6. General Specific

    cacophony Guest

    General Specific wrote:

    > A Co-Worker has wireless lan built into his laptop. When booting up his
    > computer, in his office, he always gets a conncetion to a wireless network
    > identified as EPSON. He always closes the connection.
    >
    > I looked at it breifly and noticed there are no additional network
    > recources available to him when he's connected (such as drives, printers
    > etc) and there appears to me no activity (upload/download).
    >
    > There are no wireless devices in the building and I doubt that there are
    > any in the vicinity.
    >
    > How do I trace this to it's source.

    Are you sure its not bluetooth? Epson has a bluetooth accessory that you
    connect directly to their printers for wireless printer access.
    cacophony, Nov 30, 2004