    windows/tabs gone.

    i'm wondering if anyone else has had the same experience on this or
    other web sites.

    tomk, Feb 11, 2005

  2. tomk

    Roland Guest

    On 11-2-2005 23:41, tomk wrote:
    > i experienced a strange problem on the following web site
    >
    > http://www.2carpros.com/faq.htm
    >
    > on my 2000 machines, going there and using the wheel to scroll will
    > scroll through many random pages. many appear to be ads.
    >
    > on my 98 machines, firefox ends abruptly, no crash report, all
    > windows/tabs gone.
    >
    > i'm wondering if anyone else has had the same experience on this or
    > other web sites.

    Yep, same odd behavior with Moz1.7.5/Win2000 on that website.

    I suspect it's the Java applet at the bottom of the page. Upon first
    load it gets mouse/keyboard focus and scrolling causes one of the links
    (in the applet) to be selected. On two occasions it crashed Mozilla: the
    talkback agent kicked in and sent crash report. The incident report (on
    <http://talkback-public.mozilla.org/>) confirms the jvm.dll caused an
    access violation both times. I'm using Java 1.5.0 aka Java 5.0.

    Clicking somewhere on the page first (anywhere in the white area) makes
    sure that the applet doesn't have focus, and scrolling works normal
    without odd side effects.
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \

    Roland, Feb 12, 2005

  3. Ran Moz1.6.5/win98 and experienced a problem. I had no crashes, but
    whenever my mouse was over a link and I scrolled, a totally different
    link was accessed. I just realized what it was. On my java, I am
    scrolling the pull down menu, and going to the second one
    automagically. My java is 2.0 (j2re) from Sun, you might want to try it
    out.

    I'll check out further ideas based on this,
    Poly-poly man

    Poly-poly man, Feb 13, 2005