    program, as per usual. What is going on? I am forced to reboot the computer
    which fixes this for a while until it happens again and I have to reboot
    again. Any ideas? Thanks.

    baglady, Aug 28, 2004

  2. baglady

    philo Guest

    "baglady" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My computer runs normally...for a while...and then when I click on any

    icon
    > on the desktop the shortcuts seem dead and do not open the program, any
    > program, as per usual. What is going on? I am forced to reboot the

    computer
    > which fixes this for a while until it happens again and I have to reboot
    > again. Any ideas? Thanks.

    could be a lot of things
    but the first thing to do is a full virus scan with a *recently* updated
    virus checker

    philo, Aug 28, 2004

  3. baglady

    baglady Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message

    > "baglady" <> wrote in message
    > > My computer runs normally...for a while...and then when I click on any

    > icon
    > > on the desktop the shortcuts seem dead and do not open the program, any
    > > program, as per usual. What is going on? I am forced to reboot the

    > computer
    > > which fixes this for a while until it happens again and I have to reboot
    > > again. Any ideas? Thanks.
    > >

    > could be a lot of things
    > but the first thing to do is a full virus scan with a *recently* updated
    > virus checker

    Thanks, Yes I have just done that and it was ok. what else could it be?

    baglady, Aug 28, 2004
  4. baglady

    Ingeborg Guest

    "baglady" <> wrote in

    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "baglady" <> wrote in message
    >> > My computer runs normally...for a while...and then when I click on
    >> > any

    >> icon
    >> > on the desktop the shortcuts seem dead and do not open the program,
    >> > any program, as per usual. What is going on? I am forced to reboot
    >> > the

    >> computer
    >> > which fixes this for a while until it happens again and I have to
    >> > reboot again. Any ideas? Thanks.
    >> >

    >> could be a lot of things
    >> but the first thing to do is a full virus scan with a *recently*
    >> updated virus checker

    > Thanks, Yes I have just done that and it was ok. what else could it
    > be?

    Try adaware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware
    and/or spybot
    http://www.safer-networking.org

    Ingeborg, Aug 28, 2004
  5. baglady

    Ionizer Guest

    "baglady" <> wrote in message
    > > could be a lot of things
    > > but the first thing to do is a full virus scan with a *recently*

    updated
    > > virus checker

    > Thanks, Yes I have just done that and it was ok. what else could it be?

    If the adware/spyware scans Ingeborg mentioned don't turn anything up,
    consider running the PC Pitstop full test at http://www.pcpitstop.com
    It's a harmless battery of tests which make no adjustments to your system,
    and it will offer recommendations when it finds problems. It will provide
    a list of everything running on your system and identify whether those
    items are necessary, optonal or even malicious.

    If you create a free account there, you will be able to send a link to
    your test results to others- and you could post it here if you like.

    I just ran the test on my system prior to posting this. It takes just a
    few minutes to complete.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Aug 28, 2004
  6. baglady

    °Mike° Guest

    Have you tried another/new mouse? How about
    checking for sticky keys on the keyboard?

    On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:38:57 +0100, in
    <>
    baglady scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 28, 2004
  7. baglady

    gangle7 Guest

    sum kinda wite sticky goop is
    all over my keebored thank
    in advanse

    "°Mike°" wrote

    gangle7, Aug 28, 2004
  8. baglady

    °Mike° Guest

    Soak your head, I mean your keyboard in this:
    http://www.officedepot.com/pictures/sk/md/327686_sk_md.jpg

    On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 08:15:31 -0700, in
    <>
    gangle7 scrawled:

    °Mike°, Aug 28, 2004
  9. baglady

    OldKenGoat Guest

    ROTFLMAO!! That made my day, Mike!
    OldKenGoat

    PS - In addition to all the other suggestions for baglady, I suspect a good
    reg cleaning wouldn't hurt.

    OldKenGoat, Aug 28, 2004
  10. baglady

    °Mike° Guest

    Yes, a registry cleanup would not hurt at all, and
    could very well help.

    On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:41:58 -0700, in
    <>
    OldKenGoat scrawled:

    <snip>

    >PS - In addition to all the other suggestions for baglady, I suspect a good
    >reg cleaning wouldn't hurt.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 28, 2004
  11. baglady

    PuppyKatt Guest

    "gangle7" <> wrote in message
    : sum kinda wite sticky goop is
    : all over my keebored thank
    : in advanse
    :
    sieze and desister from barfink all ofer yer keebored.

    PuppyKatt, Aug 28, 2004
  12. baglady

    baglady Guest

    "PuppyKatt" <> wrote in message
    > "gangle7" <> wrote in message
    > : sum kinda wite sticky goop is
    > : all over my keebored thank
    > : in advanse
    > :
    > sieze and desister from barfink all ofer yer keebored.

    Thank you everyone. I have given my PC an overhaul and it is now
    behaving....... for now :)

    baglady, Aug 30, 2004