    Has anyone heard of this before?
    -max
    Registered Linux User #393236
    Max Wachtel, Jul 19, 2005

  2. Max Wachtel

    PC Guest

    "Max Wachtel" <> wrote in message
    news:42dc4c72$0$47961$...
    > This one is new to me-
    > On bootup-one beep is heard-then a tapping sound from the pc speaker(not
    > the desktop speakers)
    > If I boot from a 98se floppy, the sound does not stop and after loading,
    > the A: prompt goes crazy with one after the other.
    > If I let it boot into winXP SP2 the cursor is flickering and if I click on
    > My Computer, 6 or more windows open.
    > I have only ever heard beeps out of pc speakers, never a tapping sound.
    > Has anyone heard of this before?
    > -max
    > --
    > Virus Removal Instructions: http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/
    > Change nomail.afraid.org to yahoo.com to reply.
    > Registered Linux User #393236

    Have you got a stuck key on your keyboard?

    Paul.
    PC, Jul 19, 2005

  3. Max Wachtel

    MrB Guest

    I have heard these sounds when acell phone is near by.

    MrB, Jul 19, 2005
  4. Max Wachtel

    Max Wachtel Guest

    "PC" <> wrote in

    > "Max Wachtel" <> wrote in message
    >> This one is new to me-
    >> On bootup-one beep is heard-then a tapping sound from the pc
    >> speaker(not the desktop speakers)
    >> If I boot from a 98se floppy, the sound does not stop and after
    >> If I let it boot into winXP SP2 the cursor is flickering and if I
    >> click on My Computer, 6 or more windows open.
    >> I have only ever heard beeps out of pc speakers, never a tapping
    >> sound. Has anyone heard of this before?

    > Have you got a stuck key on your keyboard?
    >
    > Paul.

    Changed keyboards-pulled one 256 stick then the other-attached serial
    mouse,pulled out the USB one, changed the bios setting from optimized
    to safe-finally booted.
    Here is a new one-if I click on the "show hidden icons" on the
    taskbar,the tab keeps opening and closing really fast.
    I seem to be able to run programs using task mgr. but not using
    "start" or quick start.
    Registered Linux User #393236
    Max Wachtel, Jul 19, 2005
  5. Max Wachtel

    > "PC" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "Max Wachtel" <> wrote in message
    >>> This one is new to me-
    >>> On bootup-one beep is heard-then a tapping sound from the pc
    >>> speaker(not the desktop speakers)
    >>> If I boot from a 98se floppy, the sound does not stop and after
    >>> If I let it boot into winXP SP2 the cursor is flickering and if I
    >>> click on My Computer, 6 or more windows open.
    >>> I have only ever heard beeps out of pc speakers, never a tapping
    >>> sound. Has anyone heard of this before?

    >> Have you got a stuck key on your keyboard?
    >>
    >> Paul.
    >>

    > Changed keyboards-pulled one 256 stick then the other-attached serial
    > mouse,pulled out the USB one, changed the bios setting from optimized
    > to safe-finally booted.
    > Here is a new one-if I click on the "show hidden icons" on the
    > taskbar,the tab keeps opening and closing really fast.
    > I seem to be able to run programs using task mgr. but not using
    > "start" or quick start.
    > --
    > Virus Removal Instructions: http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/
    > Change nomail.afraid.org to yahoo.com to reply.
    > Registered Linux User #393236

    mmmmmmmmmm

    Still have the feeling it's tied to the keyboard, try unplugging everything
    from the motherboard except Graphics card, Ram, CPU and Keyboard. Boot from
    your 98 floppy and see if you can type anything after the A:> prompt.

    Did have a motherboard a while ago that was as flakey as in the ps/2 mouse
    port, changed the socket, but finally decided it was in the motherboard
    itself, may be where your problem lies.

    Cheers
    Paul.
    PC, Jul 19, 2005
  6. Max Wachtel

    Max Wachtel Guest

    "PC" <> wrote in

    > "Max Wachtel" <> wrote in message
    >> This one is new to me-
    >> On bootup-one beep is heard-then a tapping sound from the pc
    >> speaker(not the desktop speakers)
    >> If I boot from a 98se floppy, the sound does not stop and after
    >> If I let it boot into winXP SP2 the cursor is flickering and if I
    >> click on My Computer, 6 or more windows open.
    >> I have only ever heard beeps out of pc speakers, never a tapping
    >> sound. Has anyone heard of this before?
    >> -max

    > Have you got a stuck key on your keyboard?
    >
    > Paul.

    Put in a different keyboard-seems to be ok now
    Max Wachtel, Jul 19, 2005
  7. Max Wachtel

    > "PC" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "Max Wachtel" <> wrote in message
    >>> This one is new to me-
    >>> On bootup-one beep is heard-then a tapping sound from the pc
    >>> speaker(not the desktop speakers)
    >>> If I boot from a 98se floppy, the sound does not stop and after
    >>> If I let it boot into winXP SP2 the cursor is flickering and if I
    >>> click on My Computer, 6 or more windows open.
    >>> I have only ever heard beeps out of pc speakers, never a tapping
    >>> sound. Has anyone heard of this before?
    >>> -max

    >> Have you got a stuck key on your keyboard?
    >>
    >> Paul.
    >>

    > Put in a different keyboard-seems to be ok now
    > -max
    > --
    > Virus Removal Instructions: http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/
    > Change nomail.afraid.org to yahoo.com to reply.
    > Registered Linux User #393236

    Good one

    Paul
    PC, Jul 19, 2005