    right clicking the menu puts search at the top as first option the open
    option is third.
    Thanks Rob

    rmans, Jun 8, 2004

  2. rmans

    Stuart Guest

    rmans wrote:

    > Hi there anyone no how to fix this problem. Create folder or shortcut on
    > desktop in Win XP for own files double click folder and it opens search
    > folder. Same folders created as above in windows explorer do the same but
    > right clicking and going open reveals true contents of folders. Also when
    > right clicking the menu puts search at the top as first option the open
    > option is third.
    > Thanks Rob

    Go into tools > folder options > view and click restore defaults, see if
    that works. I think the problem could be malware (malicious programs
    such as spyware or a virus/trojan/worm) or a program you have installed
    which allows you to alter those types of settings like TweakUI. So
    download and run a couple of detection programs and see what you get,
    make sure you update them before you run them.

    If none of that works then try a repair install of XP or restore it to a
    previous working version.

    Stuart

    Stuart, Jun 14, 2004