    website, using the vertical scroll bar, the movement is choppy and not
    smooth. After a few minutes, this glitch goes away. This doesn't happen
    with Internet Explorer. Any ideas?

    History Fan, Feb 21, 2006

  2. History Fan

    gwtc Guest

    History Fan wrote:

    > I'm using the latest version of Firefox, on a XP SP2 computer, DSL
    > connection.
    >
    > I have noticed a strange glitch that lasts for a few minutes after
    > Firefox is first launched. When I use my mouse to move up and down a
    > website, using the vertical scroll bar, the movement is choppy and not
    > smooth. After a few minutes, this glitch goes away. This doesn't happen
    > with Internet Explorer. Any ideas?

    look in Tools, Options, Advanced, General Tab, and look at Browsing
    and check your settings there.

    gwtc, Feb 21, 2006

  3. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    > look in Tools, Options, Advanced, General Tab, and look at Browsing and
    > check your settings there.

    I turned on Smooth Scrolling, but it didn't change anything.
    Perhaps an extension I have installed is the culprit.

    History Fan, Feb 21, 2006
  4. History Fan

    gwtc Guest

    History Fan wrote:

    >>look in Tools, Options, Advanced, General Tab, and look at Browsing and
    >>check your settings there.

    > I turned on Smooth Scrolling, but it didn't change anything.
    > Perhaps an extension I have installed is the culprit.

    either that or maybe you need to update your drivers.

    gwtc, Feb 22, 2006
  5. History Fan

    John Guest

    On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:17:41 -0800, gwtc
    <TheNewGWTC-64-110-101-116-115-99-97-112-101-46-110-101-116> wrote:

    >History Fan wrote:
    >
    >>>look in Tools, Options, Advanced, General Tab, and look at Browsing and
    >>>check your settings there.

    >> I turned on Smooth Scrolling, but it didn't change anything.
    >> Perhaps an extension I have installed is the culprit.
    >>

    >either that or maybe you need to update your drivers.

    I have noticed the same thing the lst few days (only on one specific site -
    ctv.ca ).
    I did not upgrade anything, did not install new drivers or extemsions, IOW AFAIC
    it is something external, and not something I did or did not do.

    We'll see - these things have a habit of disappearing as suddenly as they
    appeared . . .

    John <><

    John, Feb 22, 2006
  6. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    > either that or maybe you need to update your drivers.

    If you mean video driver I cannot. They're made by Intel, and they
    announced no new ones will be released. I have the latest (June 2005)
    installed.

    History Fan, Feb 22, 2006
  7. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    > If you mean video driver I cannot. They're made by Intel, and they
    > announced no new ones will be released. I have the latest (June 2005)
    > installed.

    I meant that no new video drivers for my particular video card will be
    released by Intel.

    History Fan, Feb 22, 2006
  8. History Fan

    gwtc Guest

    History Fan wrote:

    >> If you mean video driver I cannot. They're made by Intel, and they
    >>announced no new ones will be released. I have the latest (June 2005)
    >>installed.

    > I meant that no new video drivers for my particular video card will be
    > released by Intel.

    Go look around here: http://www.driverguide.com/. You'd be surprised
    what shows up at this site.

    gwtc, Feb 22, 2006