    The flash went off, but the resulting picture was completely dark. It was as
    if the flash was not synchronised properly with the shutter. Any
    suggestions as to what happened in this situation please?

    JWBH, May 22, 2007

  2. JWBH

    Jim Guest

    "JWBH" <> wrote in message
    news:XMD4i.484$...
    > About a week ago I took a flash in very low light conditions using an
    > casio exlim ex-v7 and the LED light on the front started going on and off.
    >
    > The flash went off, but the resulting picture was completely dark. It was
    > as if the flash was not synchronised properly with the shutter. Any
    > suggestions as to what happened in this situation please?

    Not enough light even with the flash. There is a limit to what a flash can
    do. The LED was possibly trying to get enough light to focus the lens or
    enough light the get some kind of image.

    You can avoid this problem by watching the shutter speed and fstop. These
    must be examined for reasonableness.

    You can determine the exposure details by examining the histogram.

    Jim

    Jim, May 22, 2007