Strange Question...

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Dragon, Jan 14, 2004.

  1. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Disclaimer!!!! I am NOT an Indian :)

    So here it goes,,,

    There has been 'Indian bashing' going on everywhere since companies starting
    moving their support to India. All is fun and good but I was just
    thinking,,,, is it really an Indian's fault that our companies are moving
    there? If there is a job opening in India, an Indian is definitely going to
    apply for it and do the job. (Good or bad, language etc are a different
    issue). I think we are trying to close our eyes from the fact that it is our
    companies who are the cause for all this not Indians. If I were an Indian, I
    would happily accept a job paying me 10% of what US employees get paid, why?
    Because it still puts me in probably above 70% of the other salaried
    population.

    Any comments?

    Thinking Dragon.

    Dragon, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Dragon

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    <snip Pro-Indian agenda ;)>

    You *do* make quite a bit of sense here. I can't speak for everyone, but I
    know that *I* don't hate the Indians, Chinese, and whoever is "taking"
    "our" jobs. Of course it's not their fault. International companies set up
    factories, corporate headquarters, satellite offices, etc in the US, and
    employ Americans. It's no different. I hate the *idea* of moving "my" job
    overseas, but not the person who gets it. What, is that person expected to
    decline the job and have it sent back to America? Of course not.
    Luckily, I have not been affected by outsourcing personally...yet. My
    company (a small company) benefits more from having us (our small, 4 person
    IT dept) on site than halfway around the world. It would cost them more in
    recruitment and flying the owners overseas every so often than to just set
    us up on site. I think if my job had been sent to India, I might be singing
    a different tune, although I would like to think that I'd take it all in
    stride and see the big picture.
    So no, in my view, it's not the Indians I hate, it's just the fact that the
    Indians are getting the jobs. I wish this wasn't the case. But since it
    *is* the case (at least in the current economy), I am accepting it and not
    holding them personally responsible. I am holding American corporations
    responsible, however, as *they* are the root of the problem.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jan 14, 2004

  3. Dragon

    JaR Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in message
    > <snip Pro-Indian agenda ;)>
    >
    > <and more snippage>

    The sad truth of the matter is that it is the executive management of these
    corporations that are killing the goose that laid the golden egg. In their
    desperate quest for short-term profits, and the obscene bonuses that they
    reap, they have lost sight of their obligations to the communites that
    depend on them and have supported them. We are on our way to becoming a
    third-world nation of wealthy or poor, with no middle-class. First the
    manufacturing went, and no-one cared. "Ah, well, we just need to reeducate
    the unemployed into the high tech sector and all will be well. Now those
    jobs are going away. Any job that does not absolutely require an on-site
    presence is vulnerable. All with the goal of maximizing short term profits.
    Never mind that the tax burden is increased because more families are
    working McJobs without healthcare or retirement. Hell, most of those jobs
    are not even full time, forcing people to work two and sometimes three jobs
    just to get by.

    Who will be buying all these products and services when there are no living
    wage jobs left? Think we can survive as a nation of lawyers? Who's gonna pay
    the plumber to fix a toilet when you can't feed the kids? Who's going to pay
    the framing contractor when nobody's buying houses?

    We have a 2Trillion dollar national debt, and we're spending money like a
    drunken sailor in Iraq. Meanwhile, not only are tax revenues down because of
    un and under-employment, but the govt gives massive tax cuts to try to
    stimulate the economy. Has it created any living wage jobs? No, but Wal-Mart
    posted record earnings. Great! Ma took her tax refund check and bought a new
    TV. Is anything Wal-Mart sells actually made in the states? Does Wal-Mart
    pay a living wage to its employees?

    Do I blame the Indians for any of this? Fsck no! The fault lies with the
    corporations and our enlightened government.

    OK, Better now. Here endeth mine rant.

    JaR
    Thug #0.02

    JaR, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Dragon

    Consultant Guest

    that's why we must boycott these companies and hit them where it hurts, the
    wallet

    Consultant, Jan 14, 2004
  5. Dragon

    billyw Guest

    two words
    corporate greed
    two more
    short termism
    another four
    selling out your own..

    every study the Roman empire..
    notice how the empire fell apart as more things moved east to const.

    welcome to the developed world becoming the poor world..
    why .. because of corp greed.

    are indians to blame.. no.. are chinese to blame.. no..
    are politicians in the west to blame.. no.. we elect the greedy, self
    serving idiots.. so who is selling our industry to the lowest bidder..
    us..
    no one else...

    billyw, Jan 14, 2004
  6. Dragon

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > that's why we must boycott these companies and hit them where it hurts,
    the
    > wallet

    or the nuts.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jan 14, 2004
  7. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    I think there has to be a better solution. I know for a fact that boycott by
    a few will not make much difference unless everyone joins in. Also, how many
    companies will you apply that to? Most of the companies are global anyway.
    They get parts from China, get it assembled in Mexico and sell it in the US.
    To them service is just another part of their product that they are getting
    manufactured outside the US.

    Dragon, Jan 14, 2004
  8. Dragon

    Jtyc Guest

    > us..
    > no one else...

    I knew you were the problem.

    Jtyc, Jan 14, 2004
  9. Dragon

    Consultant Guest

    well, for one, i cancelled my earthlink dial up service when they announced
    they were sending their support to india. and believe me, i let them know
    why i cancelled.

    Consultant, Jan 14, 2004
  10. Dragon

    Brat Guest

    because it was dial up? lol

    --
    Sue Thugette #69

    Brat, Jan 14, 2004
  11. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    U really are a brat! :)

    Dragon, Jan 15, 2004
  12. Dragon

    Steve Guest

    First let me get one thing straight. These bastard
    companies are not "MY Companies"

    Secondly, we won't have to boycott them. with no money we
    can't buy their products.

    Lastly, my job went to Singapore.

    I hope all the corporate greedy bastards and their little
    self serving paramours go all the wya to hell and never
    come back.

    Steve, Jan 15, 2004
  13. Dragon

    Brat Guest

    and your point?

    --
    Sue Thugette #69

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > U really are a brat! :)
    >

    > "Brat" <> wrote in message
    > > because it was dial up? lol
    > >
    > > --
    > > Sue Thugette #69
    > >
    > > "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    > > > well, for one, i cancelled my earthlink dial up service when they

    > > announced
    > > > they were sending their support to india. and believe me, i let them

    > know
    > > > why i cancelled.
    > > >

    > > > "Dragon" <> wrote in message

    > > boycott
    > > > by

    > how
    > > > many

    > > anyway.

    > the
    > > > US.
    > > > getting

    message

    Brat, Jan 15, 2004
  14. Dragon

    Jtyc Guest

    > and your point?

    I thought it was pretty clear. He said you are a brat.

    Hope this clears things up!

    No need to thank me.

    Jtyc, Jan 15, 2004
  15. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Nicely put :)

    Dragon, Jan 15, 2004
  16. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    I would say they are 'our' companies. Yes we may not make a penny out of
    their profit but after all they are from our country.

    Dragon, Jan 15, 2004
  17. Dragon

    Jessy Guest

    someone can do something cheaper then the rest they
    prosper. They tried that idea of having everything for
    everybody in the USSR, but that obviousely didn't work!
    Instead of complaining about things like this, be
    proactive and look at the trends developing and take
    advantage of them. There is a reason why horse lead
    buggies aren't popular anymore!

    Jessy, Jan 16, 2004
  18. "Jessy" <> wrote in message

    > >Isn't this the whole basic idea of capitalization? If

    > someone can do something cheaper then the rest they
    > prosper. They tried that idea of having everything for
    > everybody in the USSR, but that obviousely didn't work!
    > Instead of complaining about things like this, be
    > proactive and look at the trends developing and take
    > advantage of them. There is a reason why horse lead
    > buggies aren't popular anymore!

    We all know they were replaced by indian lead buggies. No need to recount
    history for us.

    --
    Politician Spock
    Thug #24601