    natural_4u Guest

    has anyone seen or know what this program is?

    vokwfc.exe

    natural_4u, Jul 11, 2004

  2. natural_4u

    natural_4u Guest

    C:\winnt\system32

    natural_4u, Jul 12, 2004

  3. natural_4u

    AG Guest

    "natural_4u" <> wrote in message
    > C:\winnt\system32
    >

    > "Michael" <> wrote in message
    > > natural_4u wrote:
    > > > has anyone seen or know what this program is?
    > > >
    > > > vokwfc.exe
    > > >

    > > Search engine gives no results. Where is the binary located?
    > >
    > > michael

    Sounds like a worm to me.
    AG

    AG, Jul 12, 2004
  4. natural_4u

    MF Guest

    "natural_4u" <> wrote in message
    > has anyone seen or know what this program is?
    >
    > vokwfc.exe

    right click it, click properties, look at the property sheets to see if the
    manufacurer identifies itself. if it's from MSFT it will say so; likewise
    other major mfgrs. if it doesn't identify itself, send it to the recycle
    bin and see what happens. if the computer starts acting up, put it back.
    if all seems normal after a few days, delete it.

    mike

    MF, Jul 12, 2004
  5. natural_4u

    natural_4u Guest

    I put the file into quarantine. Everything seems to work ok... so far.

    natural_4u, Jul 14, 2004