    Can anyone shed some light?

    Thanks,
    Ciarán
    cronoklee, Mar 4, 2010

  2. cronoklee

    cronoklee Guest

    On 4 Mar, 18:08, cronoklee <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > This is a strange one:
    > On my home network I have internet via my laptop's wifi connection.
    > On all other wifi networks, I can connect fine but I can't access the
    > web. Other computers on the same networks are online no problem. I'm
    > running windows 7 on a dell xps m1330.
    > Can anyone shed some light?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ciarán

    Got it! The DNS settings on my wifi adapter were configured oddly.
    (must have been some shitty Dell driver installation program).

    Anyway, the fix (in windows 7 but should be very similar for older
    versions) was:
    Network and sharing center>change adapter settings>right click
    Wireless adapter and choose properties.
    Now check the properties of both internet protocall version IP4 & IP6
    and set the DNS to "obtain automatically".

    Hope that helps someone out!
    Ciarán

    Check out my blog: http://blog.crondesign.com/
    cronoklee, Apr 2, 2010