    Also, how can one tell if a device is running in 32-bit mode?

    Thank you
    Kevin

    Kevin M, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Kevin M

    Kevin M Guest

    Also, the ASPI.vxd driver is loaded in the Windows/system/iosubsys
    directory.

    Thanks

    Kevin M, Feb 27, 2004

  3. Kevin M

    Thor Guest

    Make sure the drive isn't stuck running in MSDOS compatibility mode. Go to
    the system properties, click on the performance tab, and check for any
    alerts about drives running in compatibility mode. If they are running that
    mode, it isn't using a 32bit protected mode driver. The causes can be
    viruses, or conflicts with the IDE controllers (may be indicated by yellow
    warning flags on the controllers in the device manager), or a real-mode
    driver loading at startup that is conflicting with the windows built-in
    driver. As for the ASPI drivers, you can try going to Adaptec's website and
    try downloading the latest ASPI driver set.

    Thor, Feb 27, 2004
  4. Kevin M

    Trent© Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:17:59 -0500, "Kevin M" <>
    wrote:

    >Hello
    >After installing a DVD-ROM and PowerDVD on a Win98 machine, I get the
    >following error when I try to play a DVD "ASPI for windows not available"
    >"Only 32 bit cd rom driver supported"

    What make and model?

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Feb 27, 2004
  5. Kevin M

    Kevin M Guest

    The model is a Toshiba SD-M1402. I downloaded the ASPI drivers, I see
    nothing wrong in device manager and I see nothing indicating a problem in
    the performance tab. Still get the error.

    Thanks so much

    Kevin M, Feb 27, 2004
  6. Kevin M

    Wizard Guest

    Remove any associated drives from config.sys and autoexec.bat. (dos mode
    stuff)

    Wizard, Feb 27, 2004
  7. Kevin M

    Trent© Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:09:49 -0500, "Kevin M" <>
    wrote:

    >The model is a Toshiba SD-M1402. I downloaded the ASPI drivers, I see
    >nothing wrong in device manager and I see nothing indicating a problem in
    >the performance tab. Still get the error.

    Try un and re installing Power DVD.

    Also, try another DVD player program.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Feb 28, 2004
  8. Kevin M

    Fred Guest

    "Kevin M" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > After installing a DVD-ROM and PowerDVD on a Win98 machine, I get the
    > following error when I try to play a DVD "ASPI for windows not available"
    > "Only 32 bit cd rom driver supported"
    >
    > The drive works fine as a CD-ROM and shows up correctly in Device manager.
    >
    > I've used the same components before and never had a problem like this.
    >
    > Also, how can one tell if a device is running in 32-bit mode?
    >
    > Thank you
    > Kevin

    Do you have a VIA chipset motherboard by any chance? If so you might want to
    check that your motherboard drivers are up to date.
    http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2

    Fred, Feb 28, 2004