Strange problem; programs won't open with wifi enabled

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?am9uZXN5ODg5?=, Feb 21, 2006.

  1. Hi there

    I'm running a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop with Centrino & Intel Pro/Wireless
    2200 802.11b/g wireless.

    The other computer is a Medion desktop (one of the later ones) with an
    inbuilt PRISM 802.11g adaptor (although it does do 802.11b as well).

    Got them set up just on an ad-hoc connection - all is well (file sharing,
    printers, internet sharing - everything), connected with maximum signal; 54
    Mbps - however...

    I can start up both computers with the wireless disabled and all is well,
    but as soon as the wireless is enabled, on at least one of the computers NO
    programs will open (IE, Winzip, games - anything). Any network response on
    open programs goes too. But any non-network open programs continue to work
    fine (typing on word, start menu works fine etc.)

    However, after waiting for about 5 minutes all the programs I might have
    told it to open before will all open at once, and full connectivity is back.

    Help!

    Thanks in advance

    Andrew
    =?Utf-8?B?am9uZXN5ODg5?=, Feb 21, 2006