strange problem in running c++ program...

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by kunal, Dec 17, 2006.

  1. kunal

    kunal Guest

    I am facing a strange problem which i would like to share with you
    people and get ur ideas and knowledge about it. Whenever i try to run a
    C++ program after successfully compiling i get the following error.

    The title of the window is: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
    c:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe -tc
    The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction
    CS: c000 IP:359e OP: 0f 03 20 12 03 Chose 'Close' to terminate the
    application.

    I only get two options one is close on clicking close the tc program
    ends and if click the ignore button then the screen goes blank. now i
    have an AMD Turion 64 bit dual core processor. Intially when i used to
    run the c++ programs on intel processors it never gave me any issues.
    so is the problem due to the processor. if it is then can you tell me
    the solution and if it is not due to the processor what problem would
    it be and what could be the solution. . Do I need to install a 64 bit C
    compiler,linker,loader if it is then where can i find it out for
    download.

    Thanks in advance
    Kunal Ramesh Lalwani
    Sr Process Executive.
    Styx Infosoft Pvt Ltd
    ahmedabad 380054
    (091) 9979391229 (M)
    Email:-

    kunal, Dec 17, 2006

  2. XP Pro x64 does not run 16-bit software.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 17, 2006

  3. kunal

    kunal Guest

    Well sir i am sure that the opearting system installed is not a 64 bit
    OS. can you tell me any compiler that can run on this processor. So do
    you think any way out.

    kunal, Dec 17, 2006
  4. I only mentioned it because this is a 64bit Windows newsgroup.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 17, 2006
  5. kunal

    kunal Guest

    Well sir the only thing is that i am looking for a solution since a
    long time and i am still not sure that in which group i am supposed to
    post this problem.

    Thanks in advance
    Kunal Ramesh Lalwani
    Sr Process Executive.
    Styx Infosoft Pvt Ltd
    ahmedabad 380054
    (091) 9979391229 (M)
    Email:-

    kunal, Dec 17, 2006
  6. Hi,
    you might have to enable the compiler options to support the target cpu.
    as well as the target operating system.
    regards jk

    Juergen Kluth, Dec 17, 2006
  7. kunal

    Dshai Guest

    You might have better luck in microsoft.public.on.vc++ as that's a
    newgroup specifically for c++.

    Dshai

    Dshai, Dec 17, 2006