Strange problem for me

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Dan C, Oct 25, 2006.

  1. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    I load programs in specific order. The first is
    Thunderbird, then Firefox, ect., about seven of them with
    TB being the first in the tool bar at the left.

    Problem: I am in Thunderbird, doing bird things, like
    moving from filter file to filter file, writing a response
    when the cursor locks in the hourglass form for a number
    of seconds, 15 or so. When it is released to the arrow,
    Thunderbird has disappeared from its first position in the
    tool bar and is no longer visible in the tool bar, but it
    has remained open (I am still in it). If I start
    minimizing the other open programs, eventually Thunderbird
    reappears in the tool bar but at the opposite of it, at
    the far right.

    This happens on a daily basis.

    I have been living with this problem, but don't want to
    have to as I am use to finding it in a specific location
    in the tool bar.

    Any ideas about the problem and how to correct?

    Regards,

    Dan

    Dan C, Oct 25, 2006

  2. Dan C wrote:
    > I load programs in specific order. The first is Thunderbird, then
    > Firefox, ect., about seven of them with TB being the first in the tool
    > bar at the left.
    >
    > Problem: I am in Thunderbird, doing bird things, like moving from
    > filter file to filter file, writing a response when the cursor locks in
    > the hourglass form for a number of seconds, 15 or so. When it is
    > released to the arrow, Thunderbird has disappeared from its first
    > position in the tool bar and is no longer visible in the tool bar, but
    > it has remained open (I am still in it). If I start minimizing the
    > other open programs, eventually Thunderbird reappears in the tool bar
    > but at the opposite of it, at the far right.
    >
    > This happens on a daily basis.
    >
    > I have been living with this problem, but don't want to have to as I am
    > use to finding it in a specific location in the tool bar.
    >
    > Any ideas about the problem and how to correct?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Dan

    Sounds like a system issue, not a program one.
    What it sounds like is that your system is running out of memory,
    forcing it to utilize virtual memory, when this occurs, the entire
    program is written to disk, and then, when active written back to the
    ram. When its written back to ram, its order in the task bar will be
    different, because it just got loaded again!

    My advice? Dont load so many programs at start up. Quit other programs
    when using one.

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Oct 25, 2006

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_Thunderbird

    Mumia W. (reading news), Oct 25, 2006
  4. Dan C

    Steve in NC Guest

    Dan C wrote:
    > I load programs in specific order. The first is Thunderbird, then
    > Firefox, ect., about seven of them with TB being the first in the tool
    > bar at the left.
    >
    > Problem: I am in Thunderbird, doing bird things, like moving from
    > filter file to filter file, writing a response when the cursor locks in
    > the hourglass form for a number of seconds, 15 or so. When it is
    > released to the arrow, Thunderbird has disappeared from its first
    > position in the tool bar and is no longer visible in the tool bar, but
    > it has remained open (I am still in it). If I start minimizing the
    > other open programs, eventually Thunderbird reappears in the tool bar
    > but at the opposite of it, at the far right.
    >
    > This happens on a daily basis.
    >
    > I have been living with this problem, but don't want to have to as I am
    > use to finding it in a specific location in the tool bar.
    >
    > Any ideas about the problem and how to correct?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Dan

    virus?

    Steve in NC, Oct 26, 2006