Strange Problem concerning IE, Windows Explorer and DLink 614+ router

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Vijay Singh, Nov 10, 2003.

  1. Vijay Singh

    Vijay Singh Guest

    > Hi
    >
    > For last two days I am having this problem with my IE and windows

    explorer,
    > that they both hang, the moment I connect to internet. Any new IE or

    windows
    > explorer sessions are hanging as well. I thought it was virus, but I
    > couldn't find any virus.
    > After many things, I tried connecting my pc directly to my cable modem (
    > rather than through my Dlink router, which i usually do), which solved the
    > problem. But I want to connect through router, so problem still remains.
    >
    > Now I don't understand why my IE and windows explorer are hanging when I

    am

    Vijay Singh, Nov 10, 2003

  2. Vijay Singh

    Roy Jones Guest

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:20:52 -0000, Vijay Singh wrote:

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> For last two days I am having this problem with my IE and windows

    > explorer,
    >> that they both hang, the moment I connect to internet. Any new IE or

    > windows
    >> explorer sessions are hanging as well. I thought it was virus, but I
    >> couldn't find any virus.
    >> After many things, I tried connecting my pc directly to my cable modem (
    >> rather than through my Dlink router, which i usually do), which solved the
    >> problem. But I want to connect through router, so problem still remains.
    >>
    >> Now I don't understand why my IE and windows explorer are hanging when I

    > am
    >> connected through my Dlink router. BTW I am get my emails in my outlook
    >> explorer while I am connected through router. The problem only seems to be
    >> with my IE and windows explorer.
    >>
    >> Please, can some body help.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Vijay

    Have you tried resetting the router? Look for a "reset" button somewhere on
    the router. If it has one, follow the manufacturer's directions for
    reseting the router and see if that corrects your problem.

    Roy
    Roy Jones, Nov 11, 2003