    connected. The only cure is to reload the software. This has now
    happened 3 times. Any ideas on why this is happening?

    Regards

    newman, May 3, 2007

  2. newman

    Nick Guest

    "newman" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have just reloaded the software [again] for my Dell A810 printer. The
    > printer is working. However when I go back to print after say a couple
    > of weeks and try to print I get a message to say there is no printer
    > connected. The only cure is to reload the software. This has now
    > happened 3 times. Any ideas on why this is happening?
    >
    > Regards

    Hi -

    What operating system?
    What hardware?
    What kind of connection?
    What program are you printing from?
    How often do you reboot the computer?
    Do you leave your printer on always?

    Nick, May 3, 2007

  3. newman

    thanatoid Guest

    newman <> wrote in

    > I have just reloaded the software [again] for my Dell A810
    > printer. The printer is working. However when I go back to
    > print after say a couple of weeks and try to print I get a
    > message to say there is no printer connected. The only cure
    > is to reload the software. This has now happened 3 times.
    > Any ideas on why this is happening?
    >
    > Regards

    This probably won't make you feel any better but I've had an HP
    LaserJet for years with the same except even worse problem -
    sometimes it would print a job, but sooner or later something
    would go wrong (the windows printing queue is a complete joke),
    and when rebooted, "no printer". I actually copied the install
    disks onto another partition because I had to reinstall the
    fucking thing so often.

    Now I have an "Acronis True Image" mirror image of the C:\
    partition and I just restore it. 5 minutes later I again have a
    perfect setup (with the added benefit of vaporizing all the crap
    that has accumulated all over Windows in the meantime).

    thanatoid, May 3, 2007
  4. newman

    newman Guest

    Nick wrote:

    > "newman" <> wrote in message
    > >I have just reloaded the software [again] for my Dell A810 printer. The
    > > printer is working. However when I go back to print after say a couple
    > > of weeks and try to print I get a message to say there is no printer
    > > connected. The only cure is to reload the software. This has now
    > > happened 3 times. Any ideas on why this is happening?
    > >
    > > Regards

    > Hi -
    >
    > What operating system?
    > What hardware?
    > What kind of connection?
    > What program are you printing from?
    > How often do you reboot the computer?
    > Do you leave your printer on always?

    XP Home
    Dell Dimension 2400
    USB
    Various programs, the fault is also there when scanning using Dell AIO
    centre.
    Reboot only when needed.
    Printer switched off when not required.

    Regards