    home Ethernet Lan which has a Win2K computer on it amongst other things,
    which has a log in screen just like this. Could this be a Trojan horse
    trying to compromise my home network.
    Rusty, May 17, 2005

  2. Rusty

    Ashp Guest

    Rusty wrote:
    > My regular email from Computer Shopper, usually harmless enough, today came
    > with an unusual pop-up which is shown at
    >
    > http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/rustypage/Phishin.jpg
    > (133 KB)
    >
    > This seems to request that I log in to a WAN which looks a bit like my own
    > home Ethernet Lan which has a Win2K computer on it amongst other things,
    > which has a log in screen just like this. Could this be a Trojan horse
    > trying to compromise my home network.

    It looks like they have linked to a graphic which is in a password
    protected area of the website. Nothing to worry about.

    Ash.
    Ashp, May 17, 2005

  3. From: "Rusty" <>

    | My regular email from Computer Shopper, usually harmless enough, today came
    | with an unusual pop-up which is shown at
    |
    | http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/rustypage/Phishin.jpg
    | (133 KB)
    |
    | This seems to request that I log in to a WAN which looks a bit like my own
    | home Ethernet Lan which has a Win2K computer on it amongst other things,
    | which has a log in screen just like this. Could this be a Trojan horse
    | trying to compromise my home network.

    Let's see the Full Header and Body of the email.
    Then it could be determined if it is a Phishing Expedition or for real.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
    David H. Lipman, May 17, 2005
  4. Rusty

    Rusty Guest

    > From: "Rusty" <>
    >
    > | My regular email from Computer Shopper, usually harmless enough, today
    > came
    > | with an unusual pop-up which is shown at
    > |
    > | http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/rustypage/Phishin.jpg
    > | (133 KB)
    > |
    > | This seems to request that I log in to a WAN which looks a bit like my
    > own
    > | home Ethernet Lan which has a Win2K computer on it amongst other things,
    > | which has a log in screen just like this. Could this be a Trojan horse
    > | trying to compromise my home network.
    > |

    > Let's see the Full Header and Body of the email.
    > Then it could be determined if it is a Phishing Expedition or for real.

    Don't know how to do this. I still have the email and am using Outlook
    Express. What do I do next ?

    rusty
    Rusty, May 18, 2005
  5. Rusty

    DavidPostill Guest

    In article <d6esu5$okg$>, on Wed, 18 May 2005 09:04:19 +0100, Rusty wrote:

    | > From: "Rusty" <>
    | >
    | > | My regular email from Computer Shopper, usually harmless enough, today
    | > came
    | > | with an unusual pop-up which is shown at
    | > |
    | > | http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/rustypage/Phishin.jpg
    | > | (133 KB)
    | > |

    <http://www.jahitchcock.com/cyberstalked/header.htm#msoe>
    --
    DavidPostill
    DavidPostill, May 18, 2005
  6. From: "Rusty" <>

    | Don't know how to do this. I still have the email and am using Outlook
    | Express. What do I do next ?
    |
    | rusty

    Right Click on the file in the OE InBox.

    Choose; Properties
    Choose; Details
    Choose; Message Source

    Right Click in the dialogue box, choose; Select All
    Right Click, choose; Copy

    Put your cursor in the post
    Right Click; choose; Paste

    David H. Lipman, May 18, 2005
  7. Rusty

    Rusty Guest

    > From: "Rusty" <>
    >

    > | Don't know how to do this. I still have the email and am using Outlook
    > | Express. What do I do next ?
    > |
    > | rusty
    > |

    > Right Click on the file in the OE InBox.
    >
    > Choose; Properties
    > Choose; Details
    > Choose; Message Source
    >
    > Right Click in the dialogue box, choose; Select All
    > Right Click, choose; Copy

    > Put your cursor in the post
    > Right Click; choose; Paste

    Thanks, I copied the message source to a web page as it won't upload
    directly, probably too big

    http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/rustypage/CShopEmail.txt

    I don't see any unusual links. Unlike the spoof Ebay emails I get everyday
    where the displayed text of the link and the actual link URL are two
    totally different things !.

    rusty
    Rusty, May 19, 2005
  8. Rusty