strange PAP2 problem

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by mark kelly, Apr 30, 2006.

  1. mark kelly

    mark kelly Guest

    OK a strange problem maybe someone can shed some light on it.

    Grandstream 486 stop working on SIPDISCOUNT but it seem now it works
    but related to this problem. So my dad brought a Linksys PAP2
    (offically unlock from the start.)

    Setup voipdiscount in my house and it work fine. Can recieve / make
    calls. I am on NTL 2mb connection. With Linksys wireless router.
    Take it to my father house and it does not connect!!! If take PAP2 back
    to my house after going to my father house, it won't work here either.
    Only way to get it working at my place again is factory reset and put
    the details in again. If do factory reset at parents house it still
    won't work. He got same linksys wireless router as well. His internet
    connection is 1mb connection with NTL. Now to make other piece to this
    puzzle, if put sipgate on line 2 of the PAP2, it works at his place.

    As does http://www.voxalot.com/ sort of.

    Does anyone have any idea what is the problem!!!!

    mark kelly, Apr 30, 2006

  2. mark kelly

    Bleh Guest

    On 30 Apr 2006 02:43:06 -0700, "mark kelly" <>
    wrote:

    >OK a strange problem maybe someone can shed some light on it.
    >
    >Grandstream 486 stop working on SIPDISCOUNT but it seem now it works
    >but related to this problem. So my dad brought a Linksys PAP2
    >(offically unlock from the start.)
    >
    >Setup voipdiscount in my house and it work fine. Can recieve / make
    >calls. I am on NTL 2mb connection. With Linksys wireless router.
    >Take it to my father house and it does not connect!!! If take PAP2 back
    >to my house after going to my father house, it won't work here either.
    >Only way to get it working at my place again is factory reset and put
    >the details in again. If do factory reset at parents house it still
    >won't work. He got same linksys wireless router as well. His internet
    >connection is 1mb connection with NTL. Now to make other piece to this
    >puzzle, if put sipgate on line 2 of the PAP2, it works at his place.
    >
    >As does http://www.voxalot.com/ sort of.
    >
    >Does anyone have any idea what is the problem!!!!

    You've got all the relevant ports open at your fathers house ?

    Bleh, Apr 30, 2006

  3. mark kelly

    mark kelly Guest

    yep, and even put the PAP2 in the DMZ...

    mark kelly, Apr 30, 2006