    coming from what I think is the processor (P4 2.66) I heard this noise on a
    desktop once when the heat sink was not seated correctl. Has anyone else
    experienced this?

    John, Mar 24, 2009

  2. John

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 18:13:31 +0000, John wrote:

    > I have a Vaio, that makes a strange noise. I is an interference type
    > noise coming from what I think is the processor (P4 2.66) I heard this
    > noise on a desktop once when the heat sink was not seated correctl. Has
    > anyone else experienced this?

    Sorry, can't hear it from here.

    You could try formatting your hard drive to see if that corrects it.

    Need help?: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/ubuntu.jpg
    Ahhhhhhhh!: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg

    Dan C, Mar 25, 2009

  3. John

    chuckcar Guest

    "John" <> wrote in

    > I have a Vaio, that makes a strange noise. I is an interference type
    > noise coming from what I think is the processor (P4 2.66) I heard this
    > noise on a desktop once when the heat sink was not seated correctl. Has
    > anyone else experienced this?

    The processor wouldn't make *any* noise although the fan on it may. Being
    a laptop, the only real option - short of nailing down *exactly* where the
    sound is coming from from *outside* - do *not* try to open or repair it
    yourself - is to take it in for service.

    In particular is there any particular time when the sound disappears or
    gets louder/sounds different?

    You *are* sure it's not the hard drive or one of the CD/DVD drives?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Mar 25, 2009
  4. John

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >> I have a Vaio, that makes a strange noise. I is an interference type
    >> noise coming from what I think is the processor (P4 2.66) I heard this
    >> noise on a desktop once when the heat sink was not seated correctl. Has
    >> anyone else experienced this?

    >The processor wouldn't make *any* noise although the fan on it may.

    The overheat alarm went off.

    Chucktard I found you a website: http://clue.com/

    --

    Dynamite fishermen accidentally kill the world's most unlucky diver.
    http://www.cdnn.info/news/safety/s090324.html

    , Mar 26, 2009