    horrible ticking/crackling noise. Cant figure out where noise is coming
    from. I have tried different hard drives, and power supplies, but still
    makes noise, and fails to boot. Its an AMD athlon 1 gig. Thanks

    John Davis, Jan 23, 2004

  2. John Davis

    MrToad Guest

    "John Davis" <> Ran in the back door and shouted

    > Can any one please help. When I switch on my pc, my pc makes a strange
    > horrible ticking/crackling noise. Cant figure out where noise is coming
    > from. I have tried different hard drives, and power supplies, but still
    > makes noise, and fails to boot. Its an AMD athlon 1 gig. Thanks

    Tried a different power supply yet?

    --
    MrToad

    MrToad, Jan 23, 2004

  3. John Davis

    John Davis Guest

    Yes, tried other power supplies. Noise seems to be coming from the
    motherboard somewhere, but unable to pin point it.

    John Davis, Jan 23, 2004
  4. John Davis

    CHUNTY Guest

    CHUNTY, Jan 23, 2004
  5. John Davis wrote:

    > Yes, tried other power supplies. Noise seems to be coming from the
    > motherboard somewhere, but unable to pin point it.

    At the risk of suggesting the obvious: replace the mobo. Before it
    totally craps out.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    Happily slrning again.

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 24, 2004
  6. John Davis wrote:

    > Yes, tried other power supplies. Noise seems to be coming from the
    > motherboard somewhere, but unable to pin point it.

    Processor fan?
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Jan 25, 2004
  7. John Davis

    MrToad Guest

    "Gary G. Taylor" <> Ran in the back door and
    shouted news:%hIQb.17032$:

    > John Davis wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, tried other power supplies. Noise seems to be coming from the
    >> motherboard somewhere, but unable to pin point it.

    > Processor fan?

    Could be "capacitor squeal" too, sign of a bad capacitor....

    --
    MrToad

    MrToad, Jan 25, 2004