    When computer 1 is running limewire, my computer (2) gets tons of blocked
    traffic on port 137. Why would it be doing this does anyone know about some
    kind of hack with limewire that will attack other computers on the network?
    Toja, Jun 20, 2005

  2. Toja

    Toja Guest

    "Toja" <> wrote in message
    news:dRHte.252$...
    > I have a small network of 2 computers, which are connected to a Siemens
    > Speedstream router, which is connected to a DSL modem.
    >
    > Computer 1 is running limewire.
    > Computer 2 is mine.
    >
    > When computer 1 is running limewire, my computer (2) gets tons of blocked
    > traffic on port 137.

    That is the traffic is coming from Computer1

    Toja, Jun 21, 2005

  3. Toja

    Unruh Guest

    Re: Strange Network happenings

    "Toja" <> writes:

    >I have a small network of 2 computers, which are connected to a Siemens
    >Speedstream router, which is connected to a DSL modem.

    >Computer 1 is running limewire.
    >Computer 2 is mine.

    >When computer 1 is running limewire, my computer (2) gets tons of blocked
    >traffic on port 137. Why would it be doing this does anyone know about some
    >kind of hack with limewire that will attack other computers on the network?

    137 is netbios name service. Probably computer 1 is asking for netbios
    names.
    Unruh, Jun 21, 2005
  4. Toja

    Toja Guest

    Re: Strange Network happenings

    > 137 is netbios name service. Probably computer 1 is asking for netbios
    > names.

    I dont understand why is it sending these requests to my computer? I'm
    getting hundreds of "occurences" all from computer 1 and only when Limewire
    is running.
    Toja, Jun 21, 2005
  5. Toja

    Toja Guest

    Re: Strange Network happenings

    > I dont understand why is it sending these requests >to my computer? I'm
    > getting hundreds of "occurences" all from computer >1 and only when

    Limewire
    > is running.

    Also, is all this blocked traffic affecting my bandwidth? thanks
    Toja, Jun 21, 2005