    originated..? No voicemail message was left and I'm not about to try and
    call it back..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 18, 2005

  2. Ivor Jones wrote:
    > Just had a missed call on Sipgate (well I was in the loo, I don't have a
    > phone in there, even I'm not that sad..!) from a rather strange number.
    >
    > It was shown as 00668860 - anyone any ideas on where it could have
    > originated..? No voicemail message was left and I'm not about to try and
    > call it back..!
    >
    > Ivor

    Hi Ivor

    The number dont look complete but comes back as a Thailand freephone
    number i think even if you did call it back it would not connect

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, Jun 18, 2005

  3. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Mathew Curtis wrote:
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> Just had a missed call on Sipgate (well I was in the loo, I don't
    >> have a phone in there, even I'm not that sad..!) from a rather
    >> strange number.
    >>
    >> It was shown as 00668860 - anyone any ideas on where it could have
    >> originated..? No voicemail message was left and I'm not about to
    >> try and call it back..!
    >>
    >> Ivor

    > Hi Ivor
    >
    > The number dont look complete but comes back as a Thailand freephone
    > number i think even if you did call it back it would not connect
    >
    > Mat

    Thanks, I just had another one, this time from 00669072, again it stopped
    before I could answer. I do hope the junk marketers haven't found Sipgate
    :-(

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 18, 2005
  4. Ivor Jones

    Tony Hoyle Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:

    > Thanks, I just had another one, this time from 00669072, again it stopped
    > before I could answer. I do hope the junk marketers haven't found Sipgate
    > :-(

    I'm guessing they've found 18866/1899 and are spoofing their CLID like
    crazy to annoy everyone. Not had any calls myself but my DSL was off
    for a few hours this morning.

    Tony

    Tony Hoyle, Jun 18, 2005
  5. > I'm guessing they've found 18866/1899 and are spoofing their CLID like
    > crazy to annoy everyone. Not had any calls myself but my DSL was off
    > for a few hours this morning.

    I believe you cannot spoof CLID with "crazy numbers", only UK numbers.
    Philippe

    Philippe Deleye, Jun 19, 2005
  6. > Ivor could it just be down to yet another litle Sipgate indecression I
    wounder :)))) .

    Something similar over here ...
    I have a sipgate.de account, using a Sipura 3000
    From time to time (twice a day maximum) the phone connected to the Sipura is
    ringing, but only once
    Therefore allways too late to pick up the receiver (stops ringing after the
    first ring)

    Verry enoying
    Just wondering wether this is something with the Sipura, or with Sipgate ??

    Philippe, Belgium

    Philippe Deleye, Jun 19, 2005
  7. Ivor Jones wrote:
    > Mathew Curtis wrote:
    > > Ivor Jones wrote:
    > >> Just had a missed call on Sipgate (well I was in the loo, I don't
    > >> have a phone in there, even I'm not that sad..!) from a rather
    > >> strange number.
    > >>
    > >> It was shown as 00668860 - anyone any ideas on where it could have
    > >> originated..? No voicemail message was left and I'm not about to
    > >> try and call it back..!
    > >>
    > >> Ivor

    > > Hi Ivor
    > >
    > > The number dont look complete but comes back as a Thailand freephone
    > > number i think even if you did call it back it would not connect
    > >
    > > Mat

    > Thanks, I just had another one, this time from 00669072, again it stopped
    > before I could answer. I do hope the junk marketers haven't found Sipgate
    > :-(
    >
    > Ivor

    Destination: Thailand Mobile
    Number: 00668860
    Location: Mobile Phone

    cli can be spoofed but I would have thought that if someone was going
    to spoof a number they would spoof the full number may be its a sipgate
    bug

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, Jun 19, 2005

    Mathew Curtis, Jun 19, 2005
  9. Ivor Jones

    Guest

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 09:14:18 +0200, "Philippe Deleye"
    <> wrote:

    >> Ivor could it just be down to yet another litle Sipgate indecression I

    >wounder :)))) .
    >
    >Something similar over here ...
    >I have a sipgate.de account, using a Sipura 3000
    >From time to time (twice a day maximum) the phone connected to the Sipura is
    >ringing, but only once
    >Therefore allways too late to pick up the receiver (stops ringing after the
    >first ring)
    >
    >Verry enoying
    >Just wondering wether this is something with the Sipura, or with Sipgate ??
    >
    >Philippe, Belgium

    Philippe when you have had two shall we called them commodities for a
    length of time you do get to know which one you can rely on and which
    one you can't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

    , Jun 19, 2005
  10. wrote:
    > On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 09:14:18 +0200, "Philippe Deleye"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >> Ivor could it just be down to yet another litle Sipgate indecression I

    > >wounder :)))) .
    > >
    > >Something similar over here ...
    > >I have a sipgate.de account, using a Sipura 3000
    > >From time to time (twice a day maximum) the phone connected to the Sipura is
    > >ringing, but only once
    > >Therefore allways too late to pick up the receiver (stops ringing after the
    > >first ring)
    > >
    > >Verry enoying
    > >Just wondering wether this is something with the Sipura, or with Sipgate ??
    > >
    > >Philippe, Belgium
    > >

    > Philippe when you have had two shall we called them commodities for a
    > length of time you do get to know which one you can rely on and which
    > one you can't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

    Please disregard my last posts I posted completely the wrong
    information sorry guys correct info below

    Destination: Thailand Mobile
    Number: 00669072
    Location: Mobile Phone

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, Jun 19, 2005
  11. Ivor Jones

    Tony Hoyle Guest

    Philippe Deleye wrote:
    > I believe you cannot spoof CLID with "crazy numbers", only UK numbers.
    > Philippe

    With the right equipment (an ISDN PRI is enough) you can spoof CLID
    with anything you like. It is *not* a reliable source of information.

    VOIP lowers the bar for CLID spoofing so pretty much anyone can do it,
    if the provider doesn't check enough.

    Tony

    Tony Hoyle, Jun 25, 2005