    Hi All,

    i am in dire need of some help. i remember, from my early childhood days, an animated movie that i can't seem to find any mention on the web. i don't remember the title or much about it. But, it was an animated movie where the characters were animals (i think.) i think they lived in the Australian outback. And, at some point in the movie, the main animal character ends up going into a cave where they see Aboriginal artwork depicting some scary scenes. The artwork on the cave walls animates itself to depict some violent scene that makes it so scary. That is all i remember of the movie. i remember the animal or whatever it was eventually crossing a wooden fence back to its home, but thats it. i was thinking it was "Watership Down" for a while, but i don't think that's it. i can't remember if that takes place in Australia or not. This seems like it was one of those obscure 1970's or 1980's cartoon movies that came on on the weekend. Does anyone know what i'm talking about???? Please help!

    princess (aka - steph)

    princess, Dec 11, 2007

  2. princess

    justapoman

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    Chattanooga, TN 37411
    Have you tried the internet movie data base at http://www.imdb.com ?

    I'm pretty sure they have a search function, or a forum, so that you could get an answer to your question.

    Please, let me know if this info was helpful to ya .

    ~justa

    justapoman, Dec 20, 2007

  3. princess

    Ovexious

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    In a house.
    Everything you have said, about the cave walls and pictures imitating some scary scenes reminds me of Ice Age 1. It's the only animation I can recall that had that. I don't remember a wooden fence though.

    The scene was when The Mammoth was remembering how the men hunted his family. The sloth was being a goof, it wasn't scary as such, but rather sad.

    I doubt if this was what you were talking about though. If not, sorry for wasting your time with my reply. If so... wahoo!!!

    Ovexious, Jan 13, 2008
  4. princess

    jbuyers

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2009
    Messages:
    47
    Ice Age 1 sounds like that

    jbuyers, Jun 22, 2009
  5. princess

    Rochelle Keenaghan

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    The above message is really old but I have to reply to it. I know the movie your talking about and its certainly not Ice-age (idiots) I had a dream about it and I woke up to try to find it and this post was all I could find. I saw it when I was about six and I remember feeling I was too young to understand it properly it sort of looked like a disney movie but it was a bit dark (its right there in my memory with dark crystal and things like that) all I remember was one of the characters scratching the ground to find water or something ike that and the characters were all animals but there may have been a child in it as well if anyone knows the answer to this puzzle please get in touch!!!!!

    Rochelle Keenaghan, Aug 15, 2009
  6. princess

    dvdloveri

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    just what I want to say

    dvdloveri, Sep 12, 2009
  7. princess

    sureshmenon87

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

    good answers i like it

    sureshmenon87, Sep 26, 2009
  8. princess

    sig46

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    I am looking for this too

    I love this cartoon and can not find a name either. I am glad I am not the only one looking for this cartoon. And yes.....It is not ICE AGE

    sig46, Nov 30, 2009
  9. princess

    sig46

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    i just found it...aleast the one I was talking about here it is
    Look for it on Youtube... I could not post a link

    Dot and the Kangaroo

    sig46, Dec 1, 2009
  10. princess

    Jyoti Ballabh

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2009
    Messages:
    35
    you could check the IMDB database or you could pay a visit to the nearaest Blockbuster store and browse through the animation collection manually.

    Jyoti Ballabh, Dec 6, 2009
  11. princess

    Hotspot

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2010
    Messages:
    8
    Location:
    New York
    Do you even remember what the animals were? It would be really useful if you know what the animals were, but for some reason "Kimba the white lion" pops in my head.

    Hotspot, Aug 29, 2010
  12. princess

    jimknowbest

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2011
    Messages:
    20
    Location:
    in a rural town nobody's heard of
    Mr obvious says. Google it...

    jimknowbest, Feb 10, 2011
  13. princess

    Shadowstorm

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    I know it's been awhile, but dot and the kangaroo does sound like it. As for an outback one with animals and a kid, that would be the rescuers down under. Saw both of these as a kid. If neither of them are it, oh well. I don't know any others.

    Shadowstorm, Oct 30, 2012
  14. princess

    Coombs$4000

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    Honestly what first came to mind on this was Scooby Doo as mentioned in previous posts why not the check IMDB database, it may of great use to you.

    Coombs$4000, Dec 16, 2012
  15. princess

    a_guy

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Maybe this is the same movie...

    Not sure if we are talking about the same movie, but I have very vivid memories of a cartoon animal adventure set in and around australia. I am almost certain they had a wombat in it. And I remember all the animals needed to get on top of one of those orange Australian mesa thingies. And this happened at night. I also think there was something with the ocean/beach.

    a_guy, Dec 17, 2012
  16. princess

    a_guy

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    I looked at Dot and the animation looks all wrong to me.

    a_guy, Dec 17, 2012