strange memory of an animated movie - please help!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by princess, Dec 11, 2007.

1. princess

princess

Hi All,

i am in dire need of some help. i remember, from my early childhood days, an animated movie that i can't seem to find any mention on the web. i don't remember the title or much about it. But, it was an animated movie where the characters were animals (i think.) i think they lived in the Australian outback. And, at some point in the movie, the main animal character ends up going into a cave where they see Aboriginal artwork depicting some scary scenes. The artwork on the cave walls animates itself to depict some violent scene that makes it so scary. That is all i remember of the movie. i remember the animal or whatever it was eventually crossing a wooden fence back to its home, but thats it. i was thinking it was "Watership Down" for a while, but i don't think that's it. i can't remember if that takes place in Australia or not. This seems like it was one of those obscure 1970's or 1980's cartoon movies that came on on the weekend. Does anyone know what i'm talking about???? Please help!

princess (aka - steph)

princess, Dec 11, 2007
    1. Advertising

2. princess

justapoman

Have you tried the internet movie data base at http://www.imdb.com ?

I'm pretty sure they have a search function, or a forum, so that you could get an answer to your question.

Please, let me know if this info was helpful to ya .

~justa

justapoman, Dec 20, 2007
    1. Advertising

3. princess

Ovexious

Everything you have said, about the cave walls and pictures imitating some scary scenes reminds me of Ice Age 1. It's the only animation I can recall that had that. I don't remember a wooden fence though.

The scene was when The Mammoth was remembering how the men hunted his family. The sloth was being a goof, it wasn't scary as such, but rather sad.

I doubt if this was what you were talking about though. If not, sorry for wasting your time with my reply. If so... wahoo!!!

Ovexious, Jan 13, 2008
  4. princess

jbuyers

Ice Age 1 sounds like that

jbuyers, Jun 22, 2009
  5. princess

Rochelle Keenaghan

The above message is really old but I have to reply to it. I know the movie your talking about and its certainly not Ice-age (idiots) I had a dream about it and I woke up to try to find it and this post was all I could find. I saw it when I was about six and I remember feeling I was too young to understand it properly it sort of looked like a disney movie but it was a bit dark (its right there in my memory with dark crystal and things like that) all I remember was one of the characters scratching the ground to find water or something ike that and the characters were all animals but there may have been a child in it as well if anyone knows the answer to this puzzle please get in touch!!!!!

Rochelle Keenaghan, Aug 15, 2009
  6. princess

dvdloveri

just what I want to say

dvdloveri, Sep 12, 2009
  7. princess

sureshmenon87

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

good answers i like it

sureshmenon87, Sep 26, 2009
  8. princess

sig46

I am looking for this too

I love this cartoon and can not find a name either. I am glad I am not the only one looking for this cartoon. And yes.....It is not ICE AGE

sig46, Nov 30, 2009
  9. princess

sig46

i just found it...aleast the one I was talking about here it is
    Look for it on Youtube... I could not post a link

Dot and the Kangaroo

sig46, Dec 1, 2009
  10. princess

Jyoti Ballabh

you could check the IMDB database or you could pay a visit to the nearaest Blockbuster store and browse through the animation collection manually.

Jyoti Ballabh, Dec 6, 2009
  11. princess

Hotspot

Do you even remember what the animals were? It would be really useful if you know what the animals were, but for some reason "Kimba the white lion" pops in my head.

Hotspot, Aug 29, 2010
  12. princess

jimknowbest

Mr obvious says. Google it...

jimknowbest, Feb 10, 2011
  13. princess

Shadowstorm

I know it's been awhile, but dot and the kangaroo does sound like it. As for an outback one with animals and a kid, that would be the rescuers down under. Saw both of these as a kid. If neither of them are it, oh well. I don't know any others.

Shadowstorm, Oct 30, 2012
  14. princess

Coombs$4000

Honestly what first came to mind on this was Scooby Doo as mentioned in previous posts why not the check IMDB database, it may of great use to you.

Coombs$4000, Dec 16, 2012
  15. princess

a_guy

Maybe this is the same movie...

Not sure if we are talking about the same movie, but I have very vivid memories of a cartoon animal adventure set in and around australia. I am almost certain they had a wombat in it. And I remember all the animals needed to get on top of one of those orange Australian mesa thingies. And this happened at night. I also think there was something with the ocean/beach.

a_guy, Dec 17, 2012
  16. princess

a_guy

I looked at Dot and the animation looks all wrong to me.

a_guy, Dec 17, 2012
    1. Advertising