    Mouse however works well, but keyboard is working erratically!

    Can someone suggest something?

    Thanks
    Chris White, May 14, 2009

  2. Chris White

    JohnB Guest

    I would suspect the KVM if:

    - you tried more than one PC on the faulty KVM port
    - you've tried more than one mouse/keyboard combination on the faulty KVM
    port
    - a PC works fine off the KVM, but does not work fine on the faulty KVM port

    > Can someone suggest something?

    Try a different KVM

    JohnB, May 14, 2009

  3. Chris White

    Frisbee® Guest

    Chris White wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > I have 3 machines connected together with a KVM switch. This morning
    > on two of them I could not type as if I type QWERTY it comes out as
    > ^Q^W^E^R^T^Y....
    >
    > Then I removed the faulty machines from the KVM, and connected
    > another set of keyboard and mouse to it directly but still same
    > problem!! it is as if something in the software of these machines had
    > been affected....
    > Mouse however works well, but keyboard is working erratically!
    >
    > Can someone suggest something?
    >
    > Thanks

    Stop holding down the ctrl and shift keys.
    Frisbee®, May 15, 2009
  4. Chris White

    Jtyc Guest

    > Stop holding down the ctrl and shift keys.

    I can't type at all holding those down. I don't think that that was his
    problem.
    Jtyc, May 15, 2009
  5. Chris White

    Frisbee® Guest

    Jtyc wrote:
    >> Stop holding down the ctrl and shift keys.

    > I can't type at all holding those down. I don't think that that was
    > his problem.

    Well, try capslock.
    Frisbee®, May 15, 2009
  6. Chris White

    Chris White Guest

    The problem is that now I cannot type! I changed keyboard and nothing is
    happening...

    I also connected a USB keyboard but nothing is coming up! the
    caps-num-scroll LEDs wont even light up...

    and the machine is a 24x7 server and I cannot turn it offf..

    is there a way how I could connect to the DOS CLI of this server remotely??
    this way at least I would be able to shut some services to minimize data
    corruption when I will have to force reset the machine

    Chris White, May 15, 2009
  7. Chris White

    JohnB Guest

    Did you try Remote Desktop to get in?

    JohnB, May 15, 2009
  8. Chris White

    Jtyc Guest

    > Well, try capslock.

    WELL... IT SEEMS TO TYPE OK BUT I THINK THIS IS POOR NEWSGROUP ETIQUETTE
    ISN'T IT?

    WAIT... WHAT WAS I TRYING TO PROVE AGAIN?
    Jtyc, May 15, 2009
  9. Chris White

    Kline Sphere Guest

    best nuke pakistan just to be sure it's nothing to do with them, after
    all, you never know....

    On Fri, 15 May 2009 09:28:19 +0200, "Chris White" <> wrote:

    >The problem is that now I cannot type! I changed keyboard and nothing is
    >happening...
    >
    >I also connected a USB keyboard but nothing is coming up! the
    >caps-num-scroll LEDs wont even light up...
    >
    >and the machine is a 24x7 server and I cannot turn it offf..
    >
    >is there a way how I could connect to the DOS CLI of this server remotely??
    >this way at least I would be able to shut some services to minimize data
    >corruption when I will have to force reset the machine
    >

    >"Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> I can't type at all holding those down. I don't think that that was
    >>> his problem.

    >> Well, try capslock.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, May 15, 2009