    When I add I add a new e mail contact to my address book in outlook express
    I get a strange icon on my desktop with a squiggly line under it.
    Why is this, seems odd to me.
    Bigfred, Sep 16, 2003

  2. Bigfred

    Howard Guest

    "Bigfred" <> wrote in message
    news:LVJ9b.258$...
    > When I add I add a new e mail contact to my address book in outlook

    express
    > I get a strange icon on my desktop with a squiggly line under it.
    > Why is this, seems odd to me.

    I think this a bug in OE5. It first happened to me when I changed the
    location of the mail folder.
    If you change the filename extension to .wab it will open up for you.
    PS its ok to delete it but it will come back.
    Howard, Sep 16, 2003

  3. Bigfred

    philo Guest

    "Bigfred" <> wrote in message
    > When I add I add a new e mail contact to my address book in outlook

    express
    > I get a strange icon on my desktop with a squiggly line under it.
    > Why is this, seems odd to me.

    it's just a copy of your previous address book...
    a small microsoft bug that came with one of the updates...
    supposedly being fixed by microsoft.

    it;s ok to just delete it
    philo, Sep 16, 2003
  4. Bigfred

    Mark Guest

    Apparently this is a bug in a Outlook update , it is a copy of your address
    book, and obviously harmless to delete,
    If you want to permanently stop this , go to add/remove programs , and
    uninstall ' outlook express update Q330994'

    Mark, Sep 18, 2003