Strange going ons

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by GlasshouseJohn, Aug 9, 2005.

  1. GlasshouseJohn, Aug 9, 2005

  2. GlasshouseJohn

    Robert Baer Guest

    GlasshouseJohn wrote:
    > Having sorted out one problem I keep getting a DOS windows opening. They
    > have scv.exe and c\windows\system32\cmd.exe. They then say they can't run
    > and a close button opens with 'c\windows\system32\autoexec.nt
    >
    > John H
    > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/advertising-n-spotlighting
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    > John H

    Do a lot of house-cleaning..
    * Run two different AV checks.
    * Run three different spyware and adware checkers.
    * Bounce between them at randumb until all fail to find something bad.
    * Run at least two different registry checkers; after a run, repeat
    the first three steps.
    * Repeat above until no more crap is found.

    Even so, you may have a system hopessly corrupted making it necessary
    to start from scratch.

    Robert Baer, Aug 10, 2005