    off my machine and reloaded 1.0. For the last hour I have been trying to
    replicate the issue in 1.0 ...... no problems.

    Mozilla can have their buggy 1.5 back. No thank you. I';; stay with 1.0.

    J W, Jan 18, 2006

  2. J W

    J W Guest

    I need to quit bitching. It's a free product. And it's head and
    shoulders above IE. I'd just allow more time for the bugs to be worked
    out in 1.5 though. So, if you're experiencing problems do what I did ....
    roll back to the stability of FireFox 1.0. It works like a charm.

    J W, Jan 18, 2006

  3. J W

    gwtc Guest

    J W wrote:

    > I need to quit bitching. It's a free product. And it's head and
    > shoulders above IE. I'd just allow more time for the bugs to be worked
    > out in 1.5 though. So, if you're experiencing problems do what I did ....
    > roll back to the stability of FireFox 1.0. It works like a charm.
    >

    > "J W" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Here's a strange one for you. I installed Firefox 1.5 weeks ago - but it
    >>does not interact well with Yahoo Finance web pages. I rely heavily on
    >>using Yahoo finance during the day. Whenever I needed to key in a stock
    >>symbol to surf to a particular page .... Firefox would crash right after
    >>keying the second lower case letter. Never after the first letter,
    >>always the second. And, if the letters were in upper case ... no
    >>problem. I just could not work in an environment however where I always
    >>had to keep the caps lock on. Every now and then, I'd slip up and key
    >>in lower case .... and Firefox would crash. After 2 weeks of this crap
    >>..... I took 1.5 off my machine and reloaded 1.0. For the last hour I
    >>have been trying to replicate the issue in 1.0 ...... no problems.
    >>
    >>Mozilla can have their buggy 1.5 back. No thank you. I';; stay with 1.0.

    It does help if you can you provide an exact link and exactly where
    you're having the problems. Just saying your having problems does
    help much. Thanks

    gwtc, Jan 18, 2006
  4. J W

    J W Guest

    I fixed the issue by clearing 1.5 off my machine and re-installing 1.0.
    Problem solved.

    But .... FYI ... go to any Yahoo Finance webpage using Firefox 1.5. Such
    as:

    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=IFO as a random example. In the box
    at the top of the page, after "Enter Symbol:" .... try typing in a stock
    symbol ..... something like .... "csco" .... after typing the second lower
    case letter .... "s" .... 1.5 would crash. Just plain shut down ... no
    error message or anything. Would not matter what letter, what Yahoo
    Finance webpage ... the second lower case letter typed would cause Firefox
    1.5 to close down on my machine.

    After wiping 1.5 off my machine and re-loading 1.0 .... the problem is gone.

    J W, Jan 18, 2006
  5. J W

    SteveG Guest

    J W wrote:
    > I fixed the issue by clearing 1.5 off my machine and re-installing 1.0.
    > Problem solved.
    >
    > But .... FYI ... go to any Yahoo Finance webpage using Firefox 1.5. Such
    > as:
    >
    > http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=IFO as a random example. In the box
    > at the top of the page, after "Enter Symbol:" .... try typing in a stock
    > symbol ..... something like .... "csco" .... after typing the second lower
    > case letter .... "s" .... 1.5 would crash. Just plain shut down ... no
    > error message or anything. Would not matter what letter, what Yahoo
    > Finance webpage ... the second lower case letter typed would cause Firefox
    > 1.5 to close down on my machine.
    >
    > After wiping 1.5 off my machine and re-loading 1.0 .... the problem is gone.

    Hate to say this but it works fine here. I now know how much Cisco's
    stocks are down ... shame for the investors ;-)

    My system is Athlon 2GHz/Win XP Pro SP2/512MB RAM/FF1.5 - JFYI

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, Jan 18, 2006
  6. J W

    Ed Mullen Guest

    J W wrote:
    > I fixed the issue by clearing 1.5 off my machine and re-installing 1.0.
    > Problem solved.
    >
    > But .... FYI ... go to any Yahoo Finance webpage using Firefox 1.5. Such
    > as:
    >
    > http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=IFO as a random example. In the box
    > at the top of the page, after "Enter Symbol:" .... try typing in a stock
    > symbol ..... something like .... "csco" .... after typing the second lower
    > case letter .... "s" .... 1.5 would crash. Just plain shut down ... no
    > error message or anything. Would not matter what letter, what Yahoo
    > Finance webpage ... the second lower case letter typed would cause Firefox
    > 1.5 to close down on my machine.
    >
    > After wiping 1.5 off my machine and re-loading 1.0 .... the problem is gone.
    >

    > "gwtc" <> wrote in message
    >> J W wrote:
    >>
    >>> I need to quit bitching. It's a free product. And it's head and
    >>> shoulders above IE. I'd just allow more time for the bugs to be worked
    >>> out in 1.5 though. So, if you're experiencing problems do what I did
    >>> .... roll back to the stability of FireFox 1.0. It works like a charm.
    >>>

    >>> "J W" <> wrote in message

    >> It does help if you can you provide an exact link and exactly where you're
    >> having the problems. Just saying your having problems does help much.
    >> Thanks

    I just used both SeaMonkey and Firefox 1.5 to look up a stock on Yahoo
    Finance. Typed various symbols in a variety of caps and lowercase, no
    problem whatsoever.

    For those who are having problems you should look to your own unique
    installation as the source of the issue, particularly extensions and
    themes or other memory-resident programs that might not have anything
    directly to do with FF.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jan 18, 2006
  7. J W

    gwtc Guest

    J W wrote:

    > I fixed the issue by clearing 1.5 off my machine and re-installing 1.0.
    > Problem solved.
    >
    > But .... FYI ... go to any Yahoo Finance webpage using Firefox 1.5. Such
    > as:
    >
    > http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=IFO as a random example. In the box
    > at the top of the page, after "Enter Symbol:" .... try typing in a stock
    > symbol ..... something like .... "csco" .... after typing the second lower
    > case letter .... "s" .... 1.5 would crash. Just plain shut down ... no
    > error message or anything. Would not matter what letter, what Yahoo
    > Finance webpage ... the second lower case letter typed would cause Firefox
    > 1.5 to close down on my machine.
    >
    > After wiping 1.5 off my machine and re-loading 1.0 .... the problem is gone.
    >

    > "gwtc" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>J W wrote:
    >>

    >>>I need to quit bitching. It's a free product. And it's head and
    >>>shoulders above IE. I'd just allow more time for the bugs to be worked
    >>>out in 1.5 though. So, if you're experiencing problems do what I did
    >>>.... roll back to the stability of FireFox 1.0. It works like a charm.
    >>>

    >>>"J W" <> wrote in message

    >>It does help if you can you provide an exact link and exactly where you're
    >>having the problems. Just saying your having problems does help much.
    >>Thanks

    I tried it in Moz 1.7.12 and FF 1.5 and 1.0.7 with no problems. Have
    you got cookies and flash turned on? Or have you got something
    blocking flash?

    gwtc, Jan 18, 2006
  8. J W

    J W Guest

    Yep. Might not be a Firefox 1.5 problem after all. Although my re-install
    of 1.0 worked for a couple hours .... I just started experiencing the same
    problems with 1.0 that had with 1.5. Am now thinking it's either a RAM
    problem ... or possibly overheating of graphics card(s).

    Sorry to send everyone on a wild goose chase. Do sincerely appreciate the
    assistance though.

    J W, Jan 18, 2006