    and i believe that its a picture format.

    Thanks for any help.

    Wayne
    Joni, Mar 22, 2005

  2. Joni

    Stevo Guest

    Joni wrote:
    > Can anyone help me figure out what program i need to open up 2 files.
    > Its been sent to me via email, both extentions are DWG and DXF
    > and i believe that its a picture format.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >

    > Wayne

    Those are probably Autocad files...

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)
    Stevo, Mar 22, 2005

  3. Joni

    Joni Guest

    Cheers matey thats what i thought.
    So i can only open these up via autocad.

    Joni, Mar 22, 2005
  4. Joni

    Stevo Guest

    Joni wrote:
    > Cheers matey thats what i thought.
    > So i can only open these up via autocad.
    >

    > "Stevo" <> wrote in message
    >> Joni wrote:
    >>> Can anyone help me figure out what program i need to open up 2
    >>> files. Its been sent to me via email, both extentions are DWG and
    >>> DXF
    >>> and i believe that its a picture format.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for any help.
    >>>

    >>> Wayne

    >> Those are probably Autocad files...
    >>
    >> --
    >> Stevo
    >> (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    Autocad or one of the viewer programs like Voloview... depends if you
    want to edit them or just look at them..

    Stevo, Mar 22, 2005
  5. Joni

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Joni" wrote in message news:d1oouo$jd4$

    > Can anyone help me figure out what program i need to open
    > up 2 files.Its been sent to me via email, both extentions are
    > DWG and DXF and i believe that its a picture format.

    DWG = AutoCAD Drawing File
    DXF = AutoCAD Drawing Interchange File

    AutoDesk used to provide VoloView Express which was a free viewing
    application for these file types but I'm not sure it's still avaialable.
    They now have DWF Viewer, which is free and appears to support the file
    types you've received...
    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=2787358

    If you need to MarkUp rather than just view the files then you'll need
    paid-for applications like

    VoloView 3
    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=3239384

    DWF Composer