    first. It does it on any worksheet (but not in any other app)

    Excel 2000 Sp3 applied

    Matt
    Matthew Strickland, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Matthew Strickland wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Anyone had a strange problem when scrolling around in excel that the
    > cells get muddled up. Like the formulas and data dont actually move,
    > but visually on the screen they are 4 rows up, 3 rows down etc. If
    > you scroll right off the sheet, then back again, its fixed. As soon
    > as you scroll within the sheet, its muddled again.
    >
    > Im sure ive seen this before, cant remember if it was a hardware or
    > software fault within excel. Im going to run office repair and see if
    > that works first. It does it on any worksheet (but not in any other
    > app)
    >
    > Excel 2000 Sp3 applied

    Have you tried reinstalling your video card drivers?

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Dec 18, 2003

  3. Yes tried that, didnt work.

    It looks its a hardware fault with the graphics card. Tried a few versions
    and same result. Only 640x480 works ok, other modes (I want to use 800x600
    on 15" screen) doesnt work.

    Its onboard, I tried changing the memory since its shared and that didnt
    work. Worst thing is its PCI only (no AGP slots), and ive got another older
    machine here with an AGP slot (and PCI card) but I cant get PCI or AGP 2X
    cards new! :(

    Ill go hunting second hand or consider replacing the mobo with a cheap
    alternative.

    Matt

    Matthew Strickland, Dec 18, 2003
  4. Found some PCI ones on PP :) not many in stock but its worth a try!

    Matt

    Matthew Strickland, Dec 18, 2003