Strange error--any ideas

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by MZB, Dec 13, 2005.

  1. MZB

    MZB Guest

    Does anyone know what this means or even which program they are talking
    about??

    I use my home computer to access my work email (it uses Outlook).

    It seems that when I respond to an email, after closing the window, I get
    the following error:

    "The instruction at "0x 100 1ce27" referenced memory at "0x 100 1ce27" The
    memory could not be "read" Click OK to terminate the program"

    The error message is entitled Acrobat IEHelper: IEXPLORE.EXE -- Application
    Error.

    I might add this seems to have started after creating some distribution
    lists. But, this occurs when I respond to an email that has nothing to do
    with the list.

    Does this sound like a problem with my home computer (Dell Inspiron 2200
    with XP Home) or on their end. Incidentally, I just click OK. The box closes
    and I think things are no worse for wear (I think my emails were sent)

    Any ideas??

    Mel

    MZB, Dec 13, 2005

  2. MZB

    EricP Guest

    On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:24:22 -0500, "MZB" <>
    wrote:

    >Does anyone know what this means or even which program they are talking
    >about??
    >
    >I use my home computer to access my work email (it uses Outlook).
    >
    >It seems that when I respond to an email, after closing the window, I get
    >the following error:
    >
    >"The instruction at "0x 100 1ce27" referenced memory at "0x 100 1ce27" The
    >memory could not be "read" Click OK to terminate the program"
    >
    >The error message is entitled Acrobat IEHelper: IEXPLORE.EXE -- Application
    >Error.
    >
    >I might add this seems to have started after creating some distribution
    >lists. But, this occurs when I respond to an email that has nothing to do
    >with the list.
    >

    >Does this sound like a problem with my home computer (Dell Inspiron 2200
    >with XP Home) or on their end. Incidentally, I just click OK. The box closes
    >and I think things are no worse for wear (I think my emails were sent)
    >
    >Any ideas??
    >

    >Mel

    It is probably caused by bad header fields in the email, usually a
    From field.

    There is a MS fix for it somewhere. Google on it.

    EricP, Dec 13, 2005

  3. MZB

    MZB Guest

    But Eric, why doesn't the error pop up when I send my reply??

    It seems to pop up after that when I close Outlook??

    Mel

    MZB, Dec 13, 2005
  4. MZB

    Rich Wilson Guest

    "MZB" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know what this means or even which program they are talking
    > about??
    >
    > I use my home computer to access my work email (it uses Outlook).
    >
    > It seems that when I respond to an email, after closing the window, I get
    > the following error:
    >
    > "The instruction at "0x 100 1ce27" referenced memory at "0x 100 1ce27" The
    > memory could not be "read" Click OK to terminate the program"
    >
    > The error message is entitled Acrobat IEHelper: IEXPLORE.EXE --
    > Application Error.
    >
    > I might add this seems to have started after creating some distribution
    > lists. But, this occurs when I respond to an email that has nothing to do
    > with the list.
    >

    > Does this sound like a problem with my home computer (Dell Inspiron 2200
    > with XP Home) or on their end. Incidentally, I just click OK. The box
    > closes and I think things are no worse for wear (I think my emails were
    > sent)

    It's your computer. Try a google search for "acrobat iehelper" - there's
    plenty out there about it.

    Rich Wilson, Dec 13, 2005