    Any suggestions as to what might be happening?

    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"
    Adam, May 31, 2004

  2. Adam

    UnderDog Guest

    I'm using the same version, and mine does the same thing. I can't tell you
    what causes it, but it may be a normal effect of the browser. Just an FYI.
    Also, you may want to post your question on the MyIE2 forum. Someone there
    may be able to give you more information.

    http://m2.overseasky.net/forum_topics.asp?FID=11

    UnderDog, May 31, 2004

  3. Adam

    °Mike° Guest

    What is the EXACT shortcut text for MYIE?

    Are you sure that it is not a 'Splash Screen'; sorry,
    I don't use it, so I can't check.

    On Mon, 31 May 2004 10:30:15 -0400, in
    <>
    Adam scrawled:

    >Win98, using MYIE2 (0.9.27.68) as my browser (a tabbed browser that runs
    >on IE's engine)
    >
    >Lately, when opening MYIE, there is a flash of an empty window (no text,
    >minimized) that briefly shows and then disappears just before the
    >browser fully opens. I use Norton AV, Proxomitron, SpyBot, and Adaware
    >(all fully updated at least weekly) to protect my system. None of these
    >has detected anything strange. Also, running alt-ctrl-del right after
    >the browser opens, reveals nothing unusual. Lastly, the computer seems
    >to be running as usual and I have detected nothing strange happening
    >with my email client (Thunderbird 0.6).
    >
    >Any suggestions as to what might be happening?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 31, 2004
  4. Adam

    Adam Guest

    UnderDog wrote:

    >I'm using the same version, and mine does the same thing. I can't tell you
    >what causes it, but it may be a normal effect of the browser. Just an FYI.
    >Also, you may want to post your question on the MyIE2 forum. Someone there
    >may be able to give you more information.
    >
    >http://m2.overseasky.net/forum_topics.asp?FID=11
    >

    >"Adam" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>Win98, using MYIE2 (0.9.27.68) as my browser (a tabbed browser that runs
    >>on IE's engine)
    >>
    >>Lately, when opening MYIE, there is a flash of an empty window (no text,
    >>minimized) that briefly shows and then disappears just before the
    >>browser fully opens. I use Norton AV, Proxomitron, SpyBot, and Adaware
    >>(all fully updated at least weekly) to protect my system. None of these
    >>has detected anything strange. Also, running alt-ctrl-del right after
    >>the browser opens, reveals nothing unusual. Lastly, the computer seems
    >>to be running as usual and I have detected nothing strange happening
    >>with my email client (Thunderbird 0.6).
    >>
    >>Any suggestions as to what might be happening?
    >>
    >>--
    >>To email, erase "forgetit"

    I have posted the question to the forum, but other than checking with
    antispyware, virus checker, etc, no help yet.

    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"
    Adam, May 31, 2004
  5. Adam

    Adam Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    >What is the EXACT shortcut text for MYIE?
    >
    >Are you sure that it is not a 'Splash Screen'; sorry,
    >I don't use it, so I can't check.
    >

    >On Mon, 31 May 2004 10:30:15 -0400, in
    > <>
    > Adam scrawled:
    >

    >>Win98, using MYIE2 (0.9.27.68) as my browser (a tabbed browser that runs
    >>on IE's engine)
    >>
    >>Lately, when opening MYIE, there is a flash of an empty window (no text,
    >>minimized) that briefly shows and then disappears just before the
    >>browser fully opens. I use Norton AV, Proxomitron, SpyBot, and Adaware
    >>(all fully updated at least weekly) to protect my system. None of these
    >>has detected anything strange. Also, running alt-ctrl-del right after
    >>the browser opens, reveals nothing unusual. Lastly, the computer seems
    >>to be running as usual and I have detected nothing strange happening
    >>with my email client (Thunderbird 0.6).
    >>
    >>Any suggestions as to what might be happening?

    Shortcut is: "C:\Program Files\MyIE2-9.27.68\MyIE.exe" No sign of a
    flash command. Also, I opened MYIE directly from myie.exe in Windows
    explorer, and the same untexted window flashed.

    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"
    Adam, May 31, 2004
  6. Adam

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 31 May 2004 12:54:30 -0400, in
    <>
    Adam scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >>What is the EXACT shortcut text for MYIE?
    >>
    >>Are you sure that it is not a 'Splash Screen'; sorry,
    >>I don't use it, so I can't check.

    <snip>

    >Shortcut is: "C:\Program Files\MyIE2-9.27.68\MyIE.exe" No sign of a
    >flash command. Also, I opened MYIE directly from myie.exe in Windows
    >explorer, and the same untexted window flashed.

    Ok, just a thought. Have you tried SlimBrowser?
    I much prefer it over MYIE.
    http://www.flashpeak.com/sbrowser/

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 31, 2004
  7. Adam

    Adam Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    >On Mon, 31 May 2004 12:54:30 -0400, in
    > <>
    > Adam scrawled:
    >

    >>°Mike° wrote:
    >>

    >>>What is the EXACT shortcut text for MYIE?
    >>>
    >>>Are you sure that it is not a 'Splash Screen'; sorry,
    >>>I don't use it, so I can't check.
    >>>

    ><snip>
    >

    >>Shortcut is: "C:\Program Files\MyIE2-9.27.68\MyIE.exe" No sign of a
    >>flash command. Also, I opened MYIE directly from myie.exe in Windows
    >>explorer, and the same untexted window flashed.
    >>

    >Ok, just a thought. Have you tried SlimBrowser?
    >I much prefer it over MYIE.
    >http://www.flashpeak.com/sbrowser/

    No, I haven't. Maybe you could take a second or two and tell how it
    might be better than MYIE?
    Adam

    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"
    Adam, May 31, 2004
  8. Adam

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 31 May 2004 16:32:59 -0400, in
    <>
    Adam scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 31 May 2004 12:54:30 -0400, in
    >> <>
    >> Adam scrawled:

    >><snip>
    >>

    >>>Shortcut is: "C:\Program Files\MyIE2-9.27.68\MyIE.exe" No sign of a
    >>>flash command. Also, I opened MYIE directly from myie.exe in Windows
    >>>explorer, and the same untexted window flashed.
    >>>

    >>Ok, just a thought. Have you tried SlimBrowser?
    >>I much prefer it over MYIE.
    >>http://www.flashpeak.com/sbrowser/
    >>

    >No, I haven't. Maybe you could take a second or two and tell how it
    >might be better than MYIE?
    >Adam

    I just prefer it's features, look and speed. I used to use
    CrazyBrowser, but eventually settled with SlimBrowser.

    The only way to know if *you* will like it, is to try it.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jun 1, 2004