    . Should I be alarmed about this. Is there a way that I
    could check so make sure that one of my computers isnt a zombie spam
    spitter. Thanks Justin

    RadarG, Sep 24, 2004

  2. RadarG

    andy smart Guest

    RadarG wrote:

    > I just got an email (spam) my self its got somebody elses name with my email
    > address. The email that I received was a return email from the
    > . Should I be alarmed about this. Is there a way that I
    > could check so make sure that one of my computers isnt a zombie spam
    > spitter. Thanks Justin

    My guess would be that you're probably ok and that you've just collected
    some spam as you suspect. The fact that it was returned by another
    system's postmaster implies that it is just a spammail they've
    intercepted and returned to the account it appears to come from. Does it
    have all the original headers on the email, as that could help you find
    the originating source (if you're that interested).

    If you are worried about your machine being turned into a zombie, then
    you could make the following checks. Is your anti-virus running and up
    to date? Have you run spyware over it (say Adaware or Spybot)? If these
    find nothing then it's unlikely. I'd install a firewall too and make
    sure nothing is trying to access the Internet while you're on-line. This
    wouldn't prove it isn't, but it would reduce the risk substantially,
    andy

    andy smart, Sep 24, 2004