    there are even a couple more vista laptops that aren't having this
    same problem.
    Any ideas?
    Mike, Jan 21, 2009

  2. Hi
    There is more to Wireless connection than just a key number.
    If there is Network maven in the office show him your computer and let him
    make sure that it is configured correctly to match the credential of the
    Office Network.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MS, MVP-Networking\), Jan 21, 2009

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I am that... uh... maven?
    As I said, all XP laptops & even a couple of other vista laptops are
    all connecting fine.
    What could be different about this one?

    Mike, Jan 21, 2009
  4. Mike

    Pavel A. Guest

    Mike wrote:
    > I am that... uh... maven?
    > As I said, all XP laptops & even a couple of other vista laptops are
    > all connecting fine.
    > What could be different about this one?

    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/maven

    Vista has numerous issues with non-aware (non-upgraded) wireless
    routers. Do you have SP1 or later?

    --PA

    Pavel A., Jan 21, 2009
  5. Mike

    Mike Guest

    On Jan 21, 9:17 am, "Pavel A." <> wrote:
    > Mike wrote:
    > > I am that... uh... maven?
    > > As I said, all XP laptops & even a couple of other vista laptops are
    > > all connecting fine.
    > > What could be different about this one?

    > http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/maven
    >
    > Vista has numerous issues with non-aware (non-upgraded) wireless
    > routers. Do you have SP1 or later?
    >
    > --PA

    Yeah, I was familiar with the term, just not sure I'd call myself one!
    The box said 'Works with Vista!'.
    As far as SP1 or later, I'll have to check in the AM...
    Mike, Jan 21, 2009
  6. Mike

    Pavel A. Guest

    Mike wrote:
    > The box said 'Works with Vista!'.
    > As far as SP1 or later, I'll have to check in the AM...

    IIRC, the "works with Vista" logo basically means: it's
    more or less compatible, but can't not warrant a brilliant experience.
    The "really works" logo is Certified for Vista.

    (details: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/WLP30program.mspx )

    Regards,
    -- PA
    Pavel A., Jan 22, 2009
  7. Mike

    Mike Guest

    On Jan 21, 6:09 pm, "Pavel A." <> wrote:
    > Mike wrote:

    > > The box said 'Works with Vista!'.
    > > As far as SP1 or later, I'll have to check in the AM...

    > IIRC, the "works with Vista" logo basically means: it's
    > more or less compatible, but can't not warrant a brilliant experience.
    > The "really works" logo is Certified for Vista.
    >
    > (details:http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/WLP30program.mspx)
    >
    > Regards,
    > -- PA

    I had another case where there was a 4 port Linksys cable router that
    was uplinked to a 16 port Linksys switch.
    The Vista laptops present could not connect to the Internet unless
    they were connected to one of the 4 ports on the cable router.
    If they were plugged into the switch, I'd get nothing but the big 'X'
    between the network & Internet.
    Go figure!
    Mike, Jan 22, 2009