    advise how to correct?

    Thanks

    John
    John, Nov 17, 2004

  2. John

    Nascar24Rulz Guest

    i have that problem from time to time but no idea what causes it.
    Nascar24Rulz, Nov 18, 2004

  3. John

    WebWalker Guest

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 23:32:40 +0000, John <>
    wrote:

    >Hi!
    >
    >I have Win XP Pro SP1 and have a strange shut down problem.
    >
    >Whenever I click to turn off the computer it has no effect until I do
    >it for the second time. Has anyone else experienced this, or can you
    >advise how to correct?

    Does you having a lot of programs running in behind before the the
    shutdown?
    Run Task Manager to check it out.

    --
    WebWalker
    WebWalker, Nov 18, 2004
  4. John

    John Guest

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:20:53 +0800, A strange species called WebWalker
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 23:32:40 +0000, John <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Hi!
    >>
    >>I have Win XP Pro SP1 and have a strange shut down problem.
    >>
    >>Whenever I click to turn off the computer it has no effect until I do
    >>it for the second time. Has anyone else experienced this, or can you
    >>advise how to correct?
    >>

    >Does you having a lot of programs running in behind before the the
    >shutdown?
    >Run Task Manager to check it out.

    I have 45 processes. Just a few applications running, but no apps
    when I go to switch off.

    One thing I have noticed once, is that when I try the first shut down
    and it has no effect the ATI bar at the top of the desktop disappears.
    Does this mean the ATI bar and applications are at fault? I have not
    previously had this issue only in the last few months I seem to have
    to do it twice.

    TIA

    John
    John, Nov 18, 2004
  5. John

    WebWalker Guest

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:22:16 +0000, John <>
    wrote:

    >>Does you having a lot of programs running in behind before the the
    >>shutdown?
    >>Run Task Manager to check it out.

    >I have 45 processes. Just a few applications running, but no apps
    >when I go to switch off.
    >
    >One thing I have noticed once, is that when I try the first shut down
    >and it has no effect the ATI bar at the top of the desktop disappears.
    >Does this mean the ATI bar and applications are at fault? I have not
    >previously had this issue only in the last few months I seem to have
    >to do it twice.

    Try to shutdown the ATI bar first before pressing the Window's Shut
    Down button.

    Does your problem solved? If yes then the ATI bar itself is the
    problem.

    I don't have suggest how to repair the ATI bar but sometime uninstall
    > reboot > reinstall the said program might helps.

    Good luck.

    --
    WebWalker
    WebWalker, Nov 19, 2004
  6. John

    John Guest

    On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:52:45 +0800, A strange species called WebWalker
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:22:16 +0000, John <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>>Does you having a lot of programs running in behind before the the
    >>>shutdown?
    >>>Run Task Manager to check it out.

    >>I have 45 processes. Just a few applications running, but no apps
    >>when I go to switch off.
    >>
    >>One thing I have noticed once, is that when I try the first shut down
    >>and it has no effect the ATI bar at the top of the desktop disappears.
    >>Does this mean the ATI bar and applications are at fault? I have not
    >>previously had this issue only in the last few months I seem to have
    >>to do it twice.

    >Try to shutdown the ATI bar first before pressing the Window's Shut
    >Down button.
    >
    >Does your problem solved? If yes then the ATI bar itself is the
    >problem.
    >
    >I don't have suggest how to repair the ATI bar but sometime uninstall
    >> reboot > reinstall the said program might helps.

    >Good luck.

    Okay. I tried getting rid of the ATI bar, and then trying the
    shutdown, however it is still the same so it looks like it has nothing
    to do with the ATI bar, but something else. Anyone have any ideas?
    Nascar24?

    Cheers

    John
    John, Nov 21, 2004