    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, Dec 21, 2010

  2. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 21:33:31 UTC, Andy Burns
    <> wrote:

    > Dave Saville wrote:
    >
    > > This morning, around 5 o'clock :-( the phone woke us up. At first I
    > > was going to let it go to voicemail but it kept ringing. Looking at
    > > the display the top line said "No IP" and lower down it said
    > > "asterisk". On answering there was silence. Even odder, on checking
    > > the call log this morning, I have it set to log all, there was nothing
    > > logged. Wife agrees I was not dreaming. :)

    > Does your firewall allow inbound SIP/MGCP sessions from every tom dick
    > and harry on the internet, or only from your own VoIP provider? If the
    > former then welcome to the world of SPIT (the IP Telephony equivalent of
    > SPAM).

    Thought it might be - it was the lack of IP address that I could not
    work out. But if it uses the IP in the SIP headers rather than the
    TCP/IP header I guess that would explain it. Any idea why the call was
    not logged?

    So for blocking at the firewall I just need to check TCP 5060 is from
    the provider?
    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville