    pogroms and they all showed the same thing. Then I took the CD to
    Walmart and their print came out fine.

    Can anyone suggest a cause or, more important, a fix? Thank you.
    Morton Klotz, Feb 10, 2006

  2. On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:06:07 -0800, in rec.photo.digital Morton Klotz
    <> wrote:

    >My wife and I recently had a portrait done by a professional
    >photographer. He gave us the picture on a CD-ROM in three different
    >styles: The original color photo, black-and-white (or Gray scale), and
    >brown toned. The B&W and brown files printed OK on my Epson 2200. The
    >color one looked fine on the screen but the print showed about 1/3 of
    >her lips as light blue-gray! I printed it in PSP X and three other
    >pogroms and they all showed the same thing. Then I took the CD to
    >Walmart and their print came out fine.
    >
    >Can anyone suggest a cause or, more important, a fix? Thank you.

    Are you using the proper ICC profiles for your printer ink/paper
    combination and has color management setup properly in the programs you
    have used to print?
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Feb 10, 2006

  3. Morton Klotz

    Tesco News Guest

    "Morton Klotz" <> wrote in message
    > My wife and I recently had a portrait done by a professional
    > photographer. He gave us the picture on a CD-ROM in three different
    > styles: The original color photo, black-and-white (or Gray scale), and
    > brown toned. The B&W and brown files printed OK on my Epson 2200. The
    > color one looked fine on the screen but the print showed about 1/3 of
    > her lips as light blue-gray! I printed it in PSP X and three other
    > pogroms and they all showed the same thing. Then I took the CD to
    > Walmart and their print came out fine.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest a cause or, more important, a fix? Thank you.

    Hi.

    I rather suspect the photographer's system has tagged an ICC profile onto
    the Image.

    Then Walmarts system has recognised that profile, and has produced a Colour
    Corrected Print.

    The fact that you never mentioned profiles anywhere in your Posting tells me
    that you are not using Colour Management on your system, which explains the
    incorrect colours you are getting.

    The fix is learn about and then apply Colour Management, then you will be in
    tune with the Photographer and Walmart and everyone else who uses C. M.

    Roy G
    Tesco News, Feb 10, 2006