    internet connection (ADSL through a router) is maintained.
    OE is XP, AMD Ath 2000, 160G HDD, 512 RAM.
    Anyone any ideas?

    Dill, May 13, 2004

  2. PA Bear

    PA Bear Guest

    Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local
    folders created for this purpose.

    Disable Background Compacting and frequently perform a manual compact of all
    OE folders while "working offline". More at
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/maintain.htm.

    Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause such
    corruption. Disable it. It provides no additional protection.
    --
    HTH - Please Reply to This Thread

    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP