    If I turn my firewall off and click the internet shortcut then the "print" properties boc appears asking me to print.

    anyone know what is going on?

    -bacon-
    Bacon, Jun 26, 2005

  2. Bacon

    John Holmes Guest

    "Bacon" <> blabbered in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    This is a text-only group.
    Abuse report sent to:

    Now get fucked, you ****.

    --
    Your mother was a synthetic jerk who paraded herself nude on a canal boat.
    John Holmes, Jun 26, 2005

  3. Bacon

    Bacon Guest

    Abuse for what?

    I am asking for help with a problem I have.

    Bacon, Jun 26, 2005
  4. Bacon

    Ionizer Guest

    "Bacon" <> wrote in message
    > Abuse for what?
    >
    > I am asking for help with a problem I have.

    Don't mind him. John is just indicating that you should post in plain
    text. In Outlook Express, go to Tools|Options, and under the Send tab,
    choose Plain Text as your News Sending format.

    And I'm sure that the things he said about your mother were greatly
    exaggerated.

    --
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Jun 26, 2005
  5. Bacon

    Mike Easter Guest

    Two issues; what I can and can't say about your question and my
    suspicion and then a housekeeping issue.

    Bacon wrote:

    > I have desktop shortcuts which are "Internet shortcuts", if any of
    > you use firefox and use the extension "deskcut" then you will know
    > what I mean.

    I don't use firefox, so I don't know if its deskcut configurator is
    exactly the same as every other application which puts a favorite on the
    desktop. Normally a link on the desktop is simply a URL.

    > Up until today when I clicked one of the internet shortcuts from my
    > desktop, it will launch that site in my internet browser but now for
    > some strange reason when I click the shortcut sygate says
    >
    > "Run a DLL as an App (rundll32.exe) is being contacted from a remote
    > machine www.bbc.co.uk (212.58.224.56) using local port 2891 ( License
    > Manager) do you want to allow this program to access the network?"

    Normal rundll32.exe is a normal windows program. It can also be a form
    of virus/worm infection condition. Or a virus worm infection can be
    named slightly differently than rundll32.exe, such as rundlI32.exe, with
    a cap I for one of the dll ells.

    What I would expect to happen when you click a deskcut would be that
    that deskcut's website would be loaded into the addressline of your
    browser, and your browser would access the internet and contact the
    site's webserver and ask for the website's information to be sent to it.
    Then that website would send its information back to your browser so
    that the browser could display the page.

    Both the outgoing contacting request and the incoming information are
    going to be passing thru' whatever kind of firewall you might be talking
    about configured however it is configured. That firewall might be XP's
    ICF - internet connection firewall or it might be something else.

    > If I click yes then nothing happens.
    >
    > If I turn my firewall off and click the internet shortcut then the
    > "print" properties boc appears asking me to print.
    >
    > anyone know what is going on?

    I suspect that you might be infected with a virus worm or else
    misconfigured in some other way.

    Second is housekeeping. You are posting to a newsgroup in html.

    That configuration should be fixed in your OE in Tools/ Options/ Send
    tab/ News sending format section - check Plain text instead of html.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 26, 2005
  6. Bacon wrote:

    ><HTML><HEAD>
    ><META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =

    <snip crap>

    http://www.efn.no/html-bad.html

    --
    Blinky
    International Thank Your Developers Week - June 20-27, 2005
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 26, 2005
  7. Bacon

    Top Guest

    "Bacon" <> wrote in

    > Abuse for what?
    >
    > I am asking for help with a problem I have.
    >

    > "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    >> "Bacon" <> blabbered in
    >> 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >> This is a text-only group.
    >> Abuse report sent to:

    There was content to learn from wether you liked the language or not.
    Your response to that will only invite more that you won't like. Best
    option is to filter that person out for the future or ignore the
    parts you don't like.

    Ed

    --
    Freedom is never free....